Topic: NFL Fans

Any Chordians NFL fans??  If so whats your team??

New England Patriots fan since early 70's..    GO PATS

Badeye,,,     cool

one caper after another

Re: NFL Fans

49ers Here, not so good of a start however.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

cameronkl7 wrote:

Cam

Its early Cam, Singleton will shake things up there. I predict 9 or 10 wins for the 49's.

I play Pro-Line only on NFL, lots of fun,  every week i say to my self     'so you think you know football'

still waiting for that win   ,,   lol..

badeye   cool

one caper after another

I don't want to talk about it.. bonehaeded fumblin at the end of the half, holding penalty on the last play to wipe out a game winning TD..

I don't want to talk about it.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

top I watched it too the holding was really flagrant but if he had not held Romo most likely would have been sacked the worst call was the last play of the first half that resulted in a touchdown Washington otherwise had no real offence other then the field goals but I think the cowboys will bounce back if they can get there offensive line together.I am a Packer fan and they survived a late rally by the Eagles Vick was doing a great job till they stuffed him on 4th and 1 and ran out the clock smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

The J-E-T-S are my team.  Probably the only fan left after HBO's Hard Knocks and Sexy Rexy's profanity rants.  What's worse is I live in South Florida amongst the Fins Fans.  I'm sure even casual fans are rooting for them to crash and burn now that they are so cocky. 

It has been 40 long years since we last won the SuperBowl and we have had our hearts crushed a few too many times since then.  I'm cautiously optimistic about this season and there is a LOT riding on tonight's game.  I am ready for some football!

Do what's right. If you have to think about it, it's probably wrong.

Surprisingly enough I am a Redskins fan but I also like the J-E-T-S...and whoever the Cowboys are playing.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Black and Gold all the way--GO STEELERS--now if Ben can control himself ......

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

topdown wrote:

I don't want to talk about it.. bonehaeded fumblin at the end of the half, holding penalty on the last play to wipe out a game winning TD..

I don't want to talk about it.

Agree.... Last night was heartbreaking sad I got really happy for about 1 sec. and that made it that much worse....

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Love football but no NFL favorite. Love my local college team Bloomsburg Huskies just Division II, Jarie Evans from the Saints played his college ball here.

I jumped from the Cowboys to the new expansion Saints in 1967 when they started that team. I knew the Saints would be on our local T.V. every week. I knew it would be rough but I had no idea how rough or for how long.
Last year was the greatest football year of my life.
The Saints won the superbowl, Alabama was #1.
University of South Alabama went undefeated.
Even our limp-wristed, artsy local high school football team made it to the playoffs.
I thought I would never live to see such a season.
Grateful and thankful,
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Been season ticket dude for both Chiefs and Rams for past twenty years.  Love the NFL., live in St. Louis.  I felt really bad for the Cowboys on the last play.  Honestly, because for the past three years, I have personally witnessed Alex Barron kill more drives than any offensive lineman in the league.  When I heard the Cowboys traded for him, I was stunned.  I'm not a player hater Cowboy fans, wouldn't care if you ran the table. 

Trust me when I say that you have many a heart-break coming from the play of Alex Baron over the next fifteen games.

cameronkl7 wrote:

Cam

I'm a Seahawks fan, so I'll take the opposite stand.  smile

I fully expected another Sadhawk blowout in the opener.  I was surprised to see the licking they laid down on the Niners.   I'm not ready to declare them a good football team just yet (SF might suck) but it was a good start to the season.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Butch8844 wrote:

Love football but no NFL favorite. Love my local college team Bloomsburg Huskies just Division II, Jarie Evans from the Saints played his college ball here.

Speaking of college ball,  two weeks ago I was ranting to the poor guy in Radio Shack as Boise State took apart Virgina Tech.  The announcers were shocked, SHOCKED!!! that Boise was handling VT as well as they were.  I was griping that VT was consistently the most over rated team in the NCAA, and no one west of the Appalachians was shocked by it at all.

Then this week, VT went and got thrashed by James Madison!  Bwahahahahahahah!!!!

Made my day.

jerome.oneil wrote:

Then this week, VT went and got thrashed by James Madison!  Bwahahahahahahah!!!!

Made my day.

I got a kick out of this quote from some dude on ESPN -  "James Madison's best moment since the Federalist Papers."

badeye wrote:

Badeye,,,     cool

Me too. I used to go to the games when they fans were wearing bags on their head.

2 and 14 seems like a lifetime ago

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

TheKodiak wrote:

The J-E-T-S are my team.  Probably the only fan left after HBO's Hard Knocks and Sexy Rexy's profanity rants.  What's worse is I live in South Florida amongst the Fins Fans.  I'm sure even casual fans are rooting for them to crash and burn now that they are so cocky. 

It has been 40 long years since we last won the SuperBowl and we have had our hearts crushed a few too many times since then.  I'm cautiously optimistic about this season and there is a LOT riding on tonight's game.  I am ready for some football!

Not feeling so good on Tuesday morning? smile

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Hey Tuba,

I live in ACC country and "don't laugh" but Alabama plays my colledge team this saturday Duke. Now I know it's gonna be ugly, thank God for Basketball "National Champs" I went to the Duke/ Wake game this past saturday, Duke can score, but has no defense at all, so please take it easy on us.

Cam

Badeye,

I hope your right about my 49ers, U heard on Sportscenter that as soon as the plane landed back in SF, he called a team meeting and was even calling names, so we'll see but they have Tuba's Saints on Monday night football, so I'm looking at 0 and two to start.

Cam

geoaguiar wrote:
badeye wrote:

Badeye,,,     cool

Me too. I used to go to the games when they fans were wearing bags on their head.

2 and 14 seems like a lifetime ago

Sure does seem like a while ago, I'm likeing what I see so far, need to make Moss happy now that Brady is tied down. They can be explosive.

GO PATS    badeye   cool

one caper after another

Good on ya, Cam. I would ask them to be merciful but nobody pays me the least attention.
My Saints were so bad during the bad ol' days, I used to record all their games and only watch the game after I found out they won.
Needless to say, I had a lot of free time on my hands on Sundays. Good day to go sailing.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

cameronkl7 wrote:

Badeye,

I hope your right about my 49ers, U heard on Sportscenter that as soon as the plane landed back in SF, he called a team meeting and was even calling names, so we'll see but they have Tuba's Saints on Monday night football, so I'm looking at 0 and two to start.

Cam

hang in there Cam, lets see if they need more shakin.

badeye   cool

one caper after another

Cam,

I'd love to have Singletary for a coach - I heard him Sunday night praising Pete Carrol for giving his team an butt- kickin'.  He knows how to motivate his team that's for sure!

cameronkl7 wrote:

Hey Tuba,

I live in ACC country and "don't laugh" but Alabama plays my colledge team this saturday Duke. Now I know it's gonna be ugly, thank God for Basketball "National Champs" I went to the Duke/ Wake game this past saturday, Duke can score, but has no defense at all, so please take it easy on us.

Cam

That's gonna be ugly.  Alabama looks like an NFL playoff team right about now.

VT is my wife's team and I go is that hookies, hoikies, hooters or hot wings and she goes off!!!!! LOL