Topic: sad romantic!

what key are love songs usually in? im thinking of a sad beautiful love song like 'you left me and i still love you" kinda thing goin ya know?

we have so much more to win then we could ever lose!- The Afters

Re: sad romantic!

looking for something really sad..... that brings tears just listening kind of chord progression!

There is no specific key for a sad love song but minor keys generally work to produce the right atmosphere and my favourite progression for this kind of song is Cmaj7 to Fmaj7.

Welcome to Chordie.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

thanks for the welcome!
do chord progressions have certain names? or are they just all mixed up and don't have a actual title? hmm

5 (edited by Guitarpix 2010-06-20 20:33:51)

Sup Bra smile Welcome to Chordie! I'm sure you'll love it here! -Pix/Chris

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

thankz! are you the same guitar pix from yourchords!

gomezfoul wrote:

thankz! are you the same guitar pix from yourchords!

Yep that's me smile (figured the "sup bra" would give it away lol ) Glad you tried us out and hope you stick around smile Lots of friendly folks hanging around with good advice smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

thank you thank you!
i will definitely stick around!

My favorite love song progression, Am C G D  there are a lot of good songs that use this progression.

Later, Wayne P