1 (edited by PapaTom 2010-06-06 01:12:54)

Topic: Having A Funky Day (Post Script)

In case anybody is interested, things are looking up for me these past few days.  Most exciting is that I just found out on Friday that I'm going to spend the next few months doing production work for my town's summer concert series, which features The Beach Boys, Felix Cavaliere's Rascals, and many other favorite groups from my childhood.  Ironically, I actually played with many of the bands featured in the series as a drummer in the 80s and 90s.  It's going to be weird doing tech work with them this time around, but I'm just so excited about getting back to work (and in the MUSIC field, after years as a "suit") that it just doesn't matter.

Thanks for your support when I was at my lowest a couple of weeks ago.  Today, my uke sounded happy for the first time in a LONG time!

Me with my first ukulele, a Junior Beatles model, in 1966.  After Mom threw it down the stairs in a fit of rage, I became a drummer for life.  At age 43, I bought my second uke...

Re: Having A Funky Day (Post Script)

Good for you PT. I hope it all goes well for you.

Epiphone DR500
Taylor 710Ce-Ltd
Epiphone SG400
Fender Squier CV50 Telecaster

What a fantastic job. Want an assistant?

Please keep us up to date with events and what it is like meeting these guys again after so long.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

YAY PapaTom!  That's exciting news for sure!  Back into the music field after years as a suit will surely be a nice "relaxing" job for you.  Those sound like some big names to be visiting "The Island" ... although I do recall when I was driving around your area last year, I saw that a lot of the towns do some pretty big things for their locals in the parks.  That's awesome for you.  It sounds like it'll be a blast getting to reconnect with folks you haven't seen in a while.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Good. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Good to hear that Papa-T. I'll bet you'll have lots of fun along with the work. Like you
        say it is good to get back to work. Good for ones self worth. Good luck!   Mike

Our intuitions serve us well