Topic: a lot a lot of people

Well, I switched on the computer a few minutes ago, read an e mail or two then clicked on CHORDIE. I have been watching the last few days the number of registered users quickly increase. Today exactly 100000 are not registered members. Thats a lot of people!!!
well done Per for setting this site up, even though there may only be 50 or 60 ( total guess) regular users to the forum, the number of registered numbers speak for itself, it really is a great site.

I am glad I am part of this site and hope it remains online for a long long time to come.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: a lot a lot of people

Well UPYERKILT, as legal heir of the American TRONE, at this moment living bannished in Belgium, I owe you and your team a lot. AM I GLAD the day I discovered this site. When I was at first a "junior member" I have seen the number of members increasing. It must be a hell of a job, you have: is this your fulltime job? Because I think to control and guide this site, I can just find a few words: SUPERJOB, nothing is too much, and if there is 1 "lousy" problem, or 1 stupid question,( I always say there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers) you try to solve it, or at least you get a decent answer.
I used to be Medical Doctor, but I told it already, got a unbelievable car crash, hitting FRONTAL a tree who crossed the road. Never lost conscience, good for me because they would send me to another hospital, and I had 32 fractures in my left foot: LOGICAL TREATMENT was amputation, but in the hospital, which I could choose, not being unconscieus, they SAVED my foot, operation 3 WEEKS later, because too ugly and bad. I also had an exploded vertebra in my lower back (in 5 pieces, and one piece pushes against my spinal chord) provocing a paralysis. I started again parcatising 10 months later agains advise, and I , hoping to continue for a few years, had to stop. That experience as a doctor helped me a lot, concerning questios people asked, because we are always intended to say, just because it is so obvious for us, that people ask silly question. I had 1 priority, if someone asks you something, even if he asks where his nose is, he deserves a decent answer, because he asked something he wanted to know. So in that same hospital, considered as the best in EUROPE, especially for heartsurgery and neurosurgery, they also didn't an intervention concerning that verteber. I LIVE, AND MY LIVING STYLE HAS CHANGED 100%, cliché: YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE. But I am dependant of so many little things, and I can not accept what I have, I just HAD to stop practising, too much pain and suffering, loosing conscience in a patients house, more and more and especially when the end of the week was coming, the verdict was, I knew it already months before, STOP. You know that in 2006, after the 6th intervention, hoping that everything would go better (a real miscalculation) I was even accepted as captain, senior officer of the medical equipe on a cruise boat, but they had the right to contact my fysicians and it was ZIP at last. Sorry for this long story, but I am able now, because I don't work to share all info I can, even here: never give up, everyday is another day.
I am one very happy guy who discovered by accident this site, and I can spend a long time here.
By the way what do you have to do to become moderator?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Phil,
I have a job. I am a production co ordinator in a printers factory.
When I said I am glad to be part of chordie I meant I am glad to be a moderator but most of all glad to be part of chordie as in glad to be a member.

Had a bit of a laugh when I was reading your post there but not in an evil way. I just cant explain in what sort of way in case I do my usualy and say something wrong,lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

4 (edited by Roger Guppy 2007-05-12 14:24:51)

Congratulations Chordie,

And of course Per for his insight in creating such a wonderful place for musicians from all over the world to meet, make new friends and get answers to queries.

I too am pleased to be a member of Chordie and even more pleased that I eventually decided to take the plunge and enter into the forum. I have learned plenty and, I hope, given some help to others by participating.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"