Topic: A Sign From You. (re-titled)

I apologise to all those wonderful people who commented, but to change the title I had to delete the original song, and with it your comments...sorry. So I have re-posted the song with the new title and invite you all to comment again. If you'd like to hear the song, you can find it on the "my-space" link at the bottom.

Just to say, it's not like Russ to be coy, but he did a lot of the word composing, he made me work harder than I would normally bother to eg: remixing, rewriting and adding a line or two. He also composed all the music. We did have a laugh at the RamaKarmaDingDong thing (as in rama lama ding dong?) but we felt it might offend some people and that is not our intention.
I didn't realise or recognise any similarity to Magical Mystery Tour, though it is one of my favourites! I got the sitar sound from my tone generator a Yamaha MU50, and it's played on a Korg K61P. Nice sound? yeah yeah yeah.

A Sign From You.   Harding/Williams

I am light years away from you love, so far away.
I can feel your heart beating softly, so far away.
Hear me, I'm coming home. Hear me, I long for you.
Out there, the stars and me. Waiting for a sign from you.

And so the day comes. Night holds it's coat tails and runs.
All praise the morning sun. And I am closer to you my love.

Incense is burning like fragrance of mir love, can you feel the heat?
Riding sunbeams of emotion, fragrance is so sweet.
See me, I am here. See me, I would speak with you.
Airless void to mother Earth. Waiting for a sign from you.

And so the day comes. Night time holds it's tail and runs.
All praise the morning sun.
All praise the morning sun.

Stars fall like rain from the heavens, is that a sign from you?
Silver orb in crimson sky love. Is that sign from you?
Light years, that far away.  Still I know I will see you again.
Out there so cold and alone. Longing for my Earthly home.

And so the day comes. Night-time holds it's coat tails and runs.
All praise the morning sun. I am closer to you my love.

I can face this long lonely journey, if I can be with you my love.
Through the blackness, cold and abandoned, if I can be with you my love.
I am but a star amongst stars. See me glow in a cloudless night.
Will my glory last but a second? If I can be with you my love.

And so the day comes. All praise the morning sun.
And so the day comes. All praise the morning sun.

I am light years away from you love, so far away.
I can feel your heart beating softly, so far away.
Hear me, I'm coming home. Hear me, I long for you.
Out there the stars and me. Are waiting for a sign from you.
A sign from you.
A sign from you.

Hear us on [url=http://www.myspace.com/hardingwilliams]www.myspace.com/hardingwilliams[/url]

Re: A Sign From You. (re-titled)

Phe-e-ew...I thought I was having a dyslexic moment.
Cheers big_smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Ha ha... well so sad to have lost the comments... so I will say it again, very good job guys (or I said something to that effect).

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

No your quite normal lol Phill is off to Spain for the week (lucky guy) I get to go to the next county and visit my sister smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Deja vu lol well it happens thanks again MKM or have I said that in a past life lol

mekidsmom wrote:

Ha ha... well so sad to have lost the comments... so I will say it again, very good job guys (or I said something to that effect).

Oh  ! i loved this recording.. Its so different.

The piece has a mesmerizing feel to it.. Sounds of Indian, meditation, very nice indeed..
I was only short of clanging my manjira when it finished lol..

I love it sirs.. very well done.. keep up the good work you 2.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

I have to agree with everyone quite a surprise. Phil am I picking up a twinge of emerson/lake/palmer? ot perhaps ian anderson? Nicely done

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

8 (edited by marcalan 2010-04-28 01:35:48)

let me ask if i may, I dont think either of you play sitar so whats the set up? Apologies if im wrong

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

thanks Helena and Marc the sitar sounds Phill manufactured from his keyboards here is a quote from his post above " I got the sitar sound from my tone generator a Yamaha MU50, and it's played on a Korg K61P. Nice sound? yeah yeah yeah." I asked him if he could find something to sound like a sitar to lend it the India feel thanks for both your comments smile

thanks to all for commenting, as always it's a pleasure working with russ, hope you have a nice visit with your sister.

i got the indian vibe when russ first introduced me to the song, i admit i was a little dubious at first, but with some trans-atlantic idea bouncing i think we got a result.

well i'm so shocked, in the first posts (which i unfortunately deleted...ooops!) "magical mystery tour" was mentioned...now ELP and my great favourite, vocally, musically and song-writing-ly(?) ian anderson, along with the lennon/mccartney comparisons....have i died and gone to song writers heaven?

thanks everyone

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

LOL... don't forget Phill, I said you sounded a bit like Elton John once too... I think you need a new signature with all this new found fame!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Phill Williams wrote:

thanks to all for commenting, as always it's a pleasure working with russ, hope you have a nice visit with your sister.

i got the indian vibe when russ first introduced me to the song, i admit i was a little dubious at first, but with some trans-atlantic idea bouncing i think we got a result.

well i'm so shocked, in the first posts (which i unfortunately deleted...ooops!) "magical mystery tour" was mentioned...now ELP and my great favourite, vocally, musically and song-writing-ly(?) ian anderson, along with the lennon/mccartney comparisons....have i died and gone to song writers heaven?

thanks everyone

phill

Been meaning to recomment..... smile
Yep it was me with magical mystery tour far out Ravi Shankar and all that comparsion.
seriously mmmm.....
ELP? Greg Lake maybe but Ian Anderson? can't see you standing on one leg there Phill.
Jon Anderson I can make a good case smile
Anyway good job to the both of you.
Hope the hols went well..
ark

as it happens tony, i dont play flute either...chuckles

ian anderson has one of the all time greatest voices in my opinion, if i had but a little of his talent...

or for that matter, elton john's, i could go on...but i wont there are so many singers, songwriters and entertainers i admire, i'd be happy with some of their money...any offers?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.