Topic: Looking to cover a song. PLEASE HELP.

I'mlooking to cover the song "Speak" by Gary Go. He's a british artist and there's no chord sheets out there for any of his songs. I don't read tabs, so Chords are a must, but I just can't do it by ear, and I would so so so appreciate it if someone could transpose it and either post a link or email it to me (jennyfairplay@gmail.com) Thanks SO much!
--Jenny

Re: Looking to cover a song. PLEASE HELP.

Hi Jenny and welcome to Chordie,

I could not find the chords to this song on the Internet and, as I do not know it, I found a recording of it and used a progrmme that I have for finding chords and this is not going to be an easy one I'm afraid. Bb, Bbm Ab Ebm F#, F#m with sus variants of several of these chords as well will make it an awkward one to play.

Now the programme I use is not 100% accurate and some of the chords it gives could probably be made easier, also changing the key could make it easier to play but then may not suit your voice. It will take a little time to sort it out, so if you cannot get them anywhere else and you would like me to, I will spend the time doing it for you. I do not want to be wasting my time so please let me know if you really want it.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

oh, come on! .... Bb, Ab, and F#?  Isn't it more likely that they are playing B, A, and G and tuned down a half-step?  Or even more likely - playing G, A, and Bm in the key of D?

I'll google this song....

My goodness, what a terrible song!  LOL   I couldn't listen long enough to try to figure out the chords.

put a capo on the first fret.

I have noticed that very often a new Member will make a song request and then never even have the courtesy to reply.

Jenny made this request on the day she joined Chordie and working out the chords for this song would take some time. The chords would be difficult to play (even transposed and using a capo) if she is a novice. Therefore I was not prepared to spend my valuable time working out the chords to a song that I do not want to learn for myself if it was neither going to be used or appreciated.

Jenny has made no further posts since this initial request so it looks as though I was right in not doing any more.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Good for you Roger!!! Chordie has helped me numerous times over the years, and it is safe to say that I would not have the repatoire of songs that I can enjoy playing for hours, if not for the Chordie people that took their time to help me. I have always tried to post back a thank-you.
Johnny V.