Topic: learning and applying

I've been playing the guitar for 2 years and am almost as good as my guitar teacher who is a serious master.  I remember spending hours with him trying to figure out the timing on songs and how it goes.  My point basically is, if ya know the basic chords, and can hear your timing, you can pretty much plat any song...its just learning and applying! wink

Re: learning and applying

And the question is?

Banana, I think that is a good point.  There's a LOT that can be learned ... but if you can learn it and then can figure out how to APPLY it... the world is your oyster!  The applying part can be a bit tricky at times, especially in the beginning!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

so right mekids. know how to play alot of chords, got some songs i want to play. its so hard to get those chords you know how to play to fit in those songs you want to learn

David perhaps you should  go to your teacher and let him show you,timing is not something you hear its felt like the rhythm of your heartbeat, natural,effortless so you can let the creativity of your thoughts play the melodies in your mind smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:

David perhaps you should  go to your teacher and let him show you,timing is not something you hear its felt like the rhythm of your heartbeat, natural,effortless so you can let the creativity of your thoughts play the melodies in your mind smile

Russell... that was beautifully put.  I think you should be doing some serious poetry when it comes to speaking about music. smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

MKM I never gave serious thought to poems which is ecenentially what lyrics are in one form but thanks for the compliment smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

"almost as good as my instructor"...   Careful there.  She or he may have taught you everything you know, but probably not everything s/he knows. 

That said, in two years some people get pretty awesome. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude