Topic: Summer

Songs that quiet easy to play and are nice to play when you're around the firecamp or just sitting in the sun.

excuse my english,

Re: Summer

campfire songs?

now yer talking, ( set the scene)

6 or so round a good campfire, flames about 3 ft. A good heart in the fire, glowing like it is a traffic light stuck on amber for the night. Green and yellow and blue flames dancing away.everyone having a whisky or 12, no ordinary whisky mind, a good malt whisky ( I recommend "the glen livet")

then, wait listen, who the feck is playing that guitar? what great songs I hear, I will huv tae sing along.

in no order whatsoever but you can copy and paste and use this as your set list for the fire.

Doors..... light my fire

floyd...wish ye were here.

animals, house of the rising sun

knocking on heavens door

johnny cash....ring of fire

and any other 3 or 4 chord wonder that is easy to play and that everyone knows at least the chorus to so they can all sing along.

I dont do much camping now, I tend to visit bothies now, just camping but indoors.

And BEWARE when playing near the fire, watch your varnish on the guitar does not blister. And also you might find the guitar goes out of tune a lot with the heat from the fire then cooling down. used to really annoy me that did.

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hey Kilty. Fancy meeting you here. Not many bothies in Clydebank I'll wager.

A beautiful song I love to play anywhere or anytime is Wild Mountain Thyme. A lovely wee Scots/Irish folk song. A real singalonger.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

hi alvee,

lol, I get around. well just here the mba and slf and alarm sites.

yeah wild moutnain thyme is rgeat for a sing a long, not played it for a while but i think it only has 3 or 4 easy chords,

And wilder rover or black velvet band or caledonia.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending