Topic: Viet Nam - Another Long Long Night

Viet Nam - Another Long Long Nightby Wayne Fiala

Written by an old soldier who was in harms way

[G]America, Life, Liberty!Toll the bell, let freedom ring. [D]These are words in songs, we

love to [G]sing. [C]Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines. [G]Infantry, Calvery,Helicopters from the

117th.[D]Bravest young men I've ever [G]seen.[C]Fallen Heros Names,etched on granite walls.

[G]Flags at half staff,duty calls,Another Hero Falls.And, a-[D]nother name is added to a

[G]wall.

[C]War is war,no matter where it's fought. [G]America's sons and daughters, answer the call.

[C]Brave young soldiers who give their all. [G]Some of us served in Viet Nam, fighting for

freedom in a foreign land.But at [D]home, no one gave a [G]damn.

[G]Well I, [C]Guess we're just a bunch-a Damn, [G]veterans of the war in Viet Nam! [C]Army taught

us how to fly kill and [G]fight.[C]Now we lay in bed at night, [G]thinkin Ohh-man, this ain't right.

Looks like it's [D]gonna be another sleepless [G]night.Yes, It's [D]gonna be another long long night.

[C]Flyin helicopters day and night, [G]cryin lots-a tears watchin young men die,[D]tryin the best

we can to stay a-[G]live. [C]Enemy shot our chopper down, [G]thought I was dead when we hit

the ground.[C]Now we're in a fire fight,[G]Tracers streak through the darkness of night.

Brave young [D]soldiers are dying [G]tonight.[C]Lordy [G]me... it's, [D]gonna be another long long [G]night.

[C]We served there for one or two years, we [G]left behind a river of tears. [C]And when we got

back home, we [G]never felt so unloved and alone, for us there [D]were no parades or [G]cheers.

[C]We're no different from all the rest. [G]We faught hard we did our best. [C]We were proud of

the jobs we done, and [G]of the uniforms we had on. But, We [D]didn't get a good welcome [G]home.

[C]Lordy [G]me... is, [D]this what it takes to keep a country [G]free?

[G]Years have passed, people change, attitudes are not the same. And Life is [D]better now for

you, and for [G]me.We still, [C]think about things we've seen-and-done.[G]Battles lost, battles

won, for us the [D]war is still reali[G]ty. We're [C]older now.Some of us are gone.[G]Some where

another battle goes on.And, now we [D]pray for our own, daughters and [G]sons.

[G]Now we're,[C]Proud to be another damn,[G]veteran of the war in Viet Nam! [C]Army's taught our

children how to fly, kill and [G]fight. And, [C]We still lay in bed at night,[G]thinkin ohh-man

this ain't right. Looks like it's [D]gonna be another sleepless [G]night. Yes, it's [D]gonna be

another long long [G]night.[C]Lordy [G]me... we'll, [D]do what it takes to... keep... our... country

[G]free... [C]free... [G]free......... End.

Re: Viet Nam - Another Long Long Night

Hi Jody
Powerful piece of songwriting. The Vietnam war has cast a long shadow over the USA and world history..
Well done
ark

Hello ark, Thank you very much sir.  What you say is very true.

Take care, jodyWayne

Evening Sir, ya sure didnt hold back with those lyrics.

Very  true and very well written.

Old Doll

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi Old Doll, and thank you.  I wanted the song to ring true, but not be offensive.  I know it's an old subject, but I have carried  most of these lyrics in my mind for many years.  I finally wrote the song.  It tells how I feel, and now I don't have to worry about it any more.

As always, it's good to hear from you.  Take care, jodyWayne