Topic: "It Aint City Music"

Here's a sight I come across in my travels, folkstreams.net   anyway here is a 15 min documentary and it is guaranteed to put a smile on your face smile

http://www.folkstreams.net/film,55

It takes a while to load but it is worth it smile      sure made me think about my ma and pa smile

Later, Wayne P

Re: "It Aint City Music"

Wayne, that was AWESOME!  I couldn't understand everything... some of those country drawls are mighty strong for this yankee... I LOVED seeing the hairstyles and clothing styles... and well, the music goes without saying.  Fantastic!  Thanks for sharing!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

That's an enjoyable piece, wlbaye.  Thanks for sharing with us.  Now that's music.  They know how to have fun.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

4 (edited by PapaTom 2010-02-25 23:47:02)

Makes me wonder why my life has to be so complicated...

Me with my first ukulele, a Junior Beatles model, in 1966.  After Mom threw it down the stairs in a fit of rage, I became a drummer for life.  At age 43, I bought my second uke...

5 (edited by wlbaye 2010-02-25 22:40:27)

mekidsmom wrote:

Wayne, that was AWESOME!  I couldn't understand everything... some of those country drawls are mighty strong for this yankee... I LOVED seeing the hairstyles and clothing styles... and well, the music goes without saying.  Fantastic!  Thanks for sharing!

I didn't understand everything either but I did know what he was talkin about when he mentioned a Git tar and a Banjer smile

Later, Wayne P

Hey Wlbaye, great clip! Brings back memories while living in West Virginia and got my first guitar and was learning bluegrass tunes---"Rollin in my sweet babys arms, Rockytop, Foggy Mountain breakdown"etc. We have a fairly good annual bluegrass festival here. Been to Weiser,Id. old time fiddlers contest---lots of fun. I would recommend for any Chordians that haven't been to one of these festivals to check out the wonderful talent, regardless of their personal preferences of genres of music. Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

7 (edited by cameronkl7 2010-02-26 03:20:31)

Great Link Wayne

I really enjoyed it, we used to have a bluegrass festival here in NC in a small community called "Union Grove"not far from me and Topdown that I always attented, it was a great time, it lasted for 4 days but my friends and I would stay all week, some of the best memories I've ever had, they crowned the best fiddler players, guitar, banjo as well as other intruments, but the best music was around the campfires at night. I'll never forget that place. it ran for over 55 years drawing crowds of over 50,00, to 75,000 people in a the latter years, it was the place to be on earth at that time. I miss those days, also being an old country boy myself I understood every word they said.  Thanks again for the memories.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Great stufff,

I had no problem with accents. Maybe because we have so many strong gutteral accents here once you leave the cities.

Muisc is music it has no barriers.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !