1 (edited by Jody Wayne 2010-02-16 19:35:50)

Topic: "While My Baby Is Sleeping Alone"

While My Baby Is Sleeping AloneLyrics & Music By:  Wayne Fiala

(Male) [G]I'm a musician, that's my life long position.Somehow, I don't think I'm [C]wrong.

[D]I make a livin, playin guitar, and singing my popular [G]songs.

I write the lyrics, create the music, some-times the croud sings a[C]long.

[D]I like the night life, it's not a bad life, singing into a micra[G]phone.

[G]I sleep when it's day time, work when the moon shines, playin another Honky [C]Tonk;

for a [D]hundred bucks, plus tips, free drinks-N-tater-chips, while my Baby is sleeping a[G]lone.

Yes, [C]I'm a musician, that's my life long position. Somehow, I don't think I'm

[G]wrong. [C]I like the night life it's not a bad life, but I [D]don't like my Baby sleeping a[G]lone.

[D]So, [C]I told my wife,I could give her a better life,if I got a regular [C]job.She [D]put her

arms around me, gave me a kiss, then said:(Female) You are what you [G]are.

[G]You're a musician, that's your life long position. Somehow, I don't think you're [C]wrong.

You [D]make us a livin, playin guitar,and singing your popular [G]songs.

You write the lyrics,create the music,some-times the croud sings a[C]long.

[D]You like the night life, it's not a bad life, singing into a micra[G]phone.

You sleep when it's day time, work when the moon shines, playin another Honky [C]Tonk;

for a [D]hundred bucks, plus tips, free drinks-N-tater-chips, while your Baby is sleeping a[G]lone.

But some [C]day some Big Star, will play his guitar, and "sing" your popular [G]songs.

Then you can stay home, your Baby won't sleep alone, and [D]you can teach me to, play gui[G]tar.

(Male & Female)[D]Now, [G]we're both musicians, that's our life long positions.

Somehow, we don't think we're [C]wrong.[D]We love the night life, it's not a bad life,

singing into micra[G]phone's.We sleep when it's day time, work when the moon shines,

playin another Honky [C]Tonk; for two hundred bucks, plus tips, free drinks-N-tater-chips:

(Male)And, my Baby no longer, sleeps a[G]lone.

(Female)And, Your [D]Baby's no longer... sleeping a[G]lone.

Chord wise: This song is very simple.

It is the vocals bring this song alive!

Can be viewed at:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDBP9xdPiLQ

Re: "While My Baby Is Sleeping Alone"

Jody, this is really good.

Getting it onto the page in some kind of order would help, but the juice is there. Well done !

I like the way the story moves forward.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

Thanks again!  The order problem is fixed.

Very nice matey. Any chance of a recording?

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Thanks Bud_Wiser.

Sorry, I don't have a recording.  I have a camcorder now, so I'll try to get one done soon. I'll let you know when it is done if you would like.

I love this piece.

Many years ago i had a full time day job, but my great love was singing with my group most evenings at that time.
Ya know i never felt tired. Id always eat early in the day, so i could have better breath control when singing.
Very important not to eat a big meal if your going singing for some hours..  Drink loads of water also.
Ah, them was the real good ole days.
Thanks for the reminder of same.

Be happy and keep doing what your doing.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Old Doll.  Thank you!  I love your comments.  I'll keep writing if you'll keep singing.  DEAL OR NO DEAL?  lol

hi jody looks like your the star here,like a lot of chordies ,keep doin what your doin making music rock.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Wow!  I'm going to have to start buying bigger hats......2 lol's   Thank you sir.    There are a lot of excellent writers and artists here.  It has come to my attention that you are one of them.  I enjoy hearing from you.  Jody Wayne

Your too cool daddycool... smile

11 (edited by Jody Wayne 2010-02-16 19:55:47)

I now have a video for this song on youtube.  Sorry, the singing isn't all that great.  I'm slowly loosing my voice.  But, you'll get the melody I'm sure.  People at the clubs really like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDBP9xdPiLQ

Thank you Old Doll for the coment on youtube.  It is always nice to hear from you.  Take Care, jodyWayne