Topic: E F#m A songs

Hello, please help me with popular songs, with cords E F#m A. I want to do a potpurri with as many songs as possible at a party with these cords. Dont Worry be happy and Whats going on works but I want more than these.
Thanks for now...

Re: E F#m A songs

It's worth noting that any song with the following 3 chords can be sung as E F#m and A (though obviously not in the original key) by just transposing.
C Dm F
D Em G
E F#m A (your chords)
F Gm Bb
G Am C
A Bm D
B C#m E

There are more if you use the sharp and flat keys

Thanks for your answer stonebridge, that is correct. but there isn´t a whole lot of songs in that chord order that I know of, thats wy I´m asking. Can you help me with some songs in that chord order... cheers

What kind of songs or should i say genre?

Hello, I want some songs to put together in a potpurri, It should be popular songs so people know them and can dance sing along...and it doesnt need to be those cords if you have an other idea. regards

Try Mountain of Love. Standard 12 bar blues in "E" (E - A & B7). Chorus A - G#m - A - B7 - F#m -G#m - A -B7 & BACK TO "E". Or at least thats how I play it.

Nela

Hello Mr Andersson, We talkin' medley here.
Hundreds of songs have been written using the "Blue Moon Turnaround" chord progression - C,A minor, F and G - or - G, E minor C and D etc...
Starting with "Blue Moon" (I saw you standing alone), followed by "In the Still of the Night" Maybe then go to "Stand by Me" - all good slow dancing swing and sway songs calculated to make the dancers fall deeply in love.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Hows about a medley of songs by Chuck Berry? Pick three or so driving rock songs by him and run them one after another.
I used to do medleys by Creedence Clearwater Revival - using 2-4 verses of one of their songs running right into another.
What about a combination of three or four Eagles songs - or a 3 or 4 tune combo by your favorite group.
I have posted before about a fast combo of "Shake it up Baby" by the Beatles and "La Bamba" by Ritchie Vallens - both songs have a fast A,D,E progression. Good luck with the Spanish.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Allman Brothers - Melissa - it's a bit of a variation of that pattern but still sounds good. One of my favorite songs. It's on chordie if you want to look it up.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Thanks a lot for this, More more.
I have found in a songwriting book that the most used chordflow is C Am F G,  I VI IV V ex Stand by me, Every breath you take, Please Mr postman, Crocodile Rock, Lets twist again, Wonderful World etc etc and thats fine but I want more tempo, more rocknroll and I think you get that in 3 chordflow, so thats my dilemma. We did this dont worry be happy together with Whats going on and everybody at the party where going nuts. Really cool. but its a unusal cord flow...

I find it good to mix together song to keep the momentum up when playing at small gigs/partys.
I have also been thinking of Paradise city (Guns and Roses)  E A D together with Let me entertain you (Robbie Williams) E G A works pretty good and there you could mix in some Chuck Berry and Creedence also.

Thanks for now...