1 (edited by Jody Wayne 2010-03-08 17:48:50)

Topic: "Country"

Countryby Wayne Fiala

[G]Country, [C]Country.[G]My friends all call me Country.Cauzz, [D]Country is my [G]name.And my,

[C]mama and daddy are who's to blame,[G]when I was born they gave me a country name.Yeah,

[C]mama and daddy are who's to blame, [G]when I was born they gave me their [D]country [G]name.

I'm a country boy and I [C]live a country [G]life. Got a little country baby,[C]wolf for a [G]dog,

and a [D]cute little freckeled face country girl for a [G]wife. And,[C]we're as happy as we can be,

[G]happy as squirrels in a pecan tree. Yeah, [C]We're as happy as we can be, [G]happy as a racoon

[D]eatin crawdads down by the [G]creek.

[G]Drivin my tractor, [C]bailin [G]hay.Cuttin my wheat, [D]haulin in the [G]grain.Gotta get that done

before it [D]comes another [G]rain.When our work is done, it's time to [C]have a little [G]fun.So,

we [D]have a get-together on a starry country [G]night.

We [C]clear out the barn, have a barn dance.All the [G]young boys thare waitin for the chance,

to-[C]dance with Judy,she's a little cuttie.[D]Makes all the young boys act a little [G]fruity.

[C]Joey and Jimmy's playin guitar.[G]Timmy's little daughter's eatin, [D]sand-plum-jelly straight

from the [G]jar.[C]Mamma's feedin little baby with a little baby spoon,me and [G]wolf for a dog

we're [D]howlin at the [G]moon.[C]Eatin Bar-B-Q, drinkin beer and lemonaid, [G]livin in the country,

we [D]got it [G]made.[C]Rostin marshmallers,get-em just [C/G]right......we, [D]have a lotta fun on a

stary country [G]night.We, [D]all have fun on a starry country [G]night.

[G]Little Country baby, [C]she's real [G]pretty. Glad I ain't raisin her [D]in the [G]city.People in

the city [C]goin in[G]sane, pullin their hair out, [D]stuck in heavy traffic in a pourin down [G]rain.

If ya [C]live in the city,be carefull at night,there's [G]people in the dark, with [D]gun's and

[G]knives.If ya [C]live in the city, be carefull at night, there's [G]people in the dark, that'll

take your [D]money or your [G]life. Livin in the country it [C]ain't that [G]way.We work real

hard and have a little [D]fun along the [G]way.

I love, [C]Drivin my tractor, bailin hay. [G]Cuttin my wheat, haulin in the grain. Gotta [D]get

that done before it comes another [G]rain.When our [C]work is done, it's time to have a little

fun.So, we [G]have a get-together on a [D]starry country [G]night.

We [C]clear out the barn, have a barn dance.All the [G]young boys thare waitin for the chance,

to-[C]dance with judy,she's a little cuttie.[D]Makes all the young boys act a little [G]fruity.

[C]Joey and Jimmy's playin guitar.[G]Timmy's little daughter's eatin, [D]sand-plum-jelly straight

from the [G]jar.[C]Mamma's feedin little baby with a little baby spoon,me and [G]wolf for a dog

still [D]howlin at the [G]moon.[C]Eatin Bar-B-Q, drinkin beer and lemonaid, [G]livin in the country,

we [D]got it [G]made.[C]Rostin marshmallers,get-em just [C/G]right...... we, [D]have a lotta fun on a

a starry country [G]night.We, [D]all have fun on a starry country [G]night.

When [G]me-N little country baby,[C]wolf for a [G]dog,and my [D]cute little freckeled face country

girl for a [G]wife, lay our heads down to [C]sleep at [G]night, we don't worry, cuzz we know [D]every-

thing is all [G]right.And, we [D]all sleep tight on a starry country [G]night.Yes, [D]we all sleep

tight on a starry country [G]night.

And my, [C]mama and daddy are whose to blame.[G]when I was born they gave me a country name.

[G]Yeah, [C]mama and daddy are whose to blame.[G]when I was born they gave me their [D]Country [G]name.

[/edit]

Re: "Country"

Another good one Jody,

Explain to me please what sand plum  ? I know what plums are but, Sand plums ?

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Good Grief!!  I hope its not like road apples

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

4 (edited by Jody Wayne 2010-01-26 20:06:26)

lol you guys...... Sand plums are about the size of large grapes.  They grow wild in fields and along fence lines.  Their scientific name is: "Purnus americana"  I think they are mostly found in the centrial america area; Oklahoma, Kansas, etc.?  They are green until they begin to ripen to yellow then red in color.  They are a fruit like any other plumb or prune, only smaller.  They are tangy sweet and delicious eaten whole, and make excellent jelly.

Ohh, next weeks music lesson will be:  How to eat sand plum jelly straight from the jar, with a little baby spoon
while playing the guitar; at the same time.  It's not as hard as it sounds.  But, you may want to bring plenty of
napkins.    Yall come back now!

To see sandplums:  www.arbucklequ.com/Habitat/Cover/SandPlums.asp

Hi Jody Wayne
Thanks for posting some great songs. The songwriting section has seen a decline in the number of posts over the months. (What has been posted has been first class though) and it's good to see someone new stepping up to the plate with some excellent stuff.
Any chance of using Chopro format for your song posts. It presents the songs better giving the chord shapes and option to printout. Just a thought.
ark

Hi arkady, it's nice to meet you.
I tryed to use the Chopro format, but I couldn't seem to get it to work for me.  I'll go back in and see what I can do.

Thank you, Wayne

Thanks Jody,

For the insight into sand plums. We here in ireland only get 2 types. Black Victoria, or a yellow golden plum.
They look delicious, near as good as your songs.

I cannot wait until next week ! I already have the spoon at the ready  big_smile

Ps.  ROAD APPLES roll ??

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

I just copied and put the song in chopro I may not have the chords in the right places but you can click the quote at the bottom of this and get a idea how to place the brackets and format smile

COUNTRY by Wayne Fiala

[G]Country,[C]Country[G]My friends all call me Country[D]Cauzz Country [G]is my name.

And my,[C]mama and daddy are who's to[G]blame,when I was born they gave me a country name.

Yeah[C] mama and daddy are who's to[G]blame, when I was born they gave[D]me their [G]country name.

I'm a country boy and I [C]live a country [G] life. Got a little country [C]baby,wolf [G]for a dog,

and a [D]cute little freckeled face country girl [G] for a wife. [C]And,we're as happy as we can be,

[G]happy as squirrels in a pecan tree.[C]Yeah, We're as happy as we can be,

[G]happy as a racoon [D]eatin crawdads down by the [G]creek.

Drivin my tractor, [C]bailin [G]hay.Cuttin my[D] wheat, haulin in the [G]grain.Gotta get that done

before [D]it comes another [G]rain.When our work is done, it's [C]time to have a [G]little fun.So,

we [D]have a get-together on a stary country [G]night.

to-[C]dance with Judy,she's a little [D]cuttie.Makes all the young boys act a [G]little fruity.

[C]Joey and Jimmy's playin guitar.[G]Timmy's little daughter's eatin,[D]sand-plum-jelly straight

from the [G]jar.[C]Mamma's feedin little baby with a little baby spoon,[G]me and wolf for a dog

we're [D]howlin at the[G]moon.[C]Eatin Bar-B-Q, drinkin beer and lemonaid, [G]livin in the country,

we [D]got it [G]made.[C]Rostin marshmallers,[C/G]get-em just right..[D]we, have a lotta fun on a

stary country [G]night.[D]We, all have fun on a starry country [G]night.

Little Country [C]baby, she's real [G]pretty.Glad I ain't raisin [D]her in the [G]city. People in

the city [C]goin [G]insane, pullin their hair [D]out, stuck in heavy traffic in a pourin [G]down rain.

If ya [C]live in the city,be carefull at night,there's [G}people in the dark, [D}with gun's and

[G]knives.If ya [C]live in the city, be carefull at night, there's [G]people in the dark, that'll

take your [D]money or your [G]life. Livin in the country [C]it ain't that [G]way.We work real hard

and have a [D]little fun along [G]the way.

I love, [C]Drivin my tractor, bailin hay [G]Cuttin my wheat, haulin in the grain.[D]Gotta get

Gotta get that done before it comes [G]another rain [C]When our work is done,

it's time to have a little fun.[G]So, we have a get-together [D]on a starry [G]country night.

We [C]clear out the barn, have a barn dance.[G]All the young boys thare waitin for the chance,

to-[C]dance with judy,she's a little [D]cuttie.Makes all the young boys act a [G]little fruity.

[C]Joey and Jimmy's playin guitar.[G]Timmy's little daughter's [D]eatin, sand-plum-jelly straight

from the [G]jar.[C]Mamma's feedin little baby with a little baby spoon,[G]me and wolf for a dog

still [D]howlin at the [G]moon.[C]Eatin Bar-B-Q, drinkin beer and [G]lemonaid, livin in the country,

we [D]got it [G]made.[C]Rostin marshmallers,get-em [C/G]just right...... [D]we, have a lotta fun on a

a starry [G]country night.[D]We, all have fun on a starry [G]country night.

When [G]me-N little country [C]baby,wolf for a [G]dog,and [D]my cute little freckeled face country

girl for a [G]wife, lay our heads down to [C]sleep at [G]night, we don't worry,cuzz we [G]know every-

thing is [G]all right.[D]We all sleep tight on a starry [G]country night.Yes, [D]we all sleep tight

on a starry [G]country night.

And my, [C]mama and daddy are whose to blame [G]When I was born they gave me a country name.

Yeah, [C]mama and daddy are whose [G]to blame.when I was born [D]they gave me their [G]Country name.

Wolf Howl................

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hey, Russell
You're a genius.  I think I can do this now.  I'll get started changing all of my songs to chopro.  Might take a while though.

Thanks much, Wayne

Thanks Wayne I'm glad I made someone happy today and if you need any help give a holler chopro seems hard at first but the main thing to remember is [ song ] (I had to put a space between the bracket and the S in song and the G or the chopro would start) this starts the format the next is {t: NAME OF SONG} enclose it in upper case brackets then {st: by YOU} the st: stands for story the t: stands for title all the chords are enclosed in [C] capital letters a minor is [Cm] the slash chords are [C/G] and most important is this at the end [/song] this turns the chopro formatting off just refer to the example I gave and there is also a explanation on chopro in the forum to refer to good luck smile

Thank you Russell!  I think I have a handle on it now.  At least enough to get the job done.  And, I love the way the page looks.

I do have one more little bitty question though.  "How high is up"?  lol  Just kiding.  How do I make my songs accessable from the home page?  I put them on (Cow patty, cowe poop, what ever that site is ????)  But they seem to have disappeared into cyber space.

the site you have your songs on just add it to your favorites when you click favorites (on the left side of the screen with the yellow star) the option to add the address will pop up and ask if you want to add it click yes and it is added to your favorite list  so if your home page is say Google click the favorites on the left and a list will drop down if you added the site all you have to do is click on the name of the site in your favorites list and voila! your transported to it, you can also add this website to your avitar that displays your name and email like mine is,when you first registered under personal there is a place to add your website and it will appear in every post along with your name and email smile

13 (edited by Jody Wayne 2010-01-27 06:20:23)

Russell_Harding wrote:

the site you have your songs on just add it to your favorites when you click favorites (on the left side of the screen with the yellow star) the option to add the address will pop up and ask if you want to add it click yes and it is added to your favorite list  so if your home page is say Google click the favorites on the left and a list will drop down if you added the site all you have to do is click on the name of the site in your favorites list and voila! your transported to it, you can also add this website to your avitar that displays your name and email like mine is,when you first registered under personal there is a place to add your website and it will appear in every post along with your name and email smile

Okay, got all that.  I don't have a website yet.  I guess what I need is to find an existing site that will host my songs.  Then I assume chordies search engine will find them?  I also assume that Media Fire would be a good place to do that?

or you could open a myspace or soundclick artist or band account and they give you a music player to put your songs  on and if you need help sprucing it up go to my website and click on Coolchasers on the upper left and you can select your own layouts but first you have to register and open a free account as a band or artist to get he music player then once you get it copy and paste the link in your Chordie personal information along with your email,name and avitar if you choose one and all people have to do is click on your website and your songs will be playing and you can also add photos and videos and its all free smile

Sorry Russell, somehow I missed getting back with you???

I have a soundclick artist account now.  I haven't had time to do much with it.  I hope to soon.  I appreciate the advise.  I'll try and keep ya posted.  Thanks again, jodyWayne

hi jody, this would be a heavy metal song then? smile

very descriptive i can smell the saw dust and hear the fiddle at the barn dance.
it's always best to have the recorded song to listen to while reading the words....let us know when you get there?

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi Phill,
Well your close, it's more like a light metal song.  Little baby spoon doesn't weigh much. lol
I'll try and get recordings up as quickly as I can.  Good to hear from you.

jodyWayne