1 (edited by Jody Wayne 2010-03-06 19:34:03)

Topic: "She's Only Thirteen"

She's Only Thirteenby Wayne Fiala

Based on true events

Viet Nam, 1968

[G]She was just born, [C]I just truned [G]ten.Her brother was, my [D]very best [G]friend.

In the twinkling of an eye, [C]time passes [G]by:Now she's thirteen and [D]I'm twenty-[G]three.

She's [C]only thirteen and [G]I'm twenty-three.She follows me around.It's [C]obvious to [G]see,

little miss thirteen,has [D]a crush on [G]me. The last time I saw her,I didn't have,

the [C]heart to [G]tell her, I had joined the Navy, and I [D]left the next [G]day.

[G]In the twinkling of an eye, [C]time passes [G]by:

(Spoken)>  I've been gone ten years now.  We're in a war now.  The Navy taught me to fly,

and I'm thousands of miles out at sea.   After all this time, I still get a letter from her,

almost every day.  Her last letter simply read: Today I'm very worried.  I pray your okay.

I still love you, and I know in your heart you love me.  I'm no longer a child.

Now, I'm the one who's twenty-three, and I'm still here, waiting for you, faithfully.

[G]My very next mission, [C]I got shot [G]down.It's been thirteen days now,and I [D]haven't been [G]found.

I think about her. And, I ask [C]God every [G]day, not to let me die alone, lost in this [D]vast open [G]sea.

As I felt my life [C]slipping a[G]way, suddenly she was there, [D]holding on to [G]me.

She put her arms around me, pressed her [C]warm full lips hard against [G]mine,

and I found myself lost, in an [D]ocean of loves sweet [G]time.

[G]In the twinkling of an eye, [C]time passes [G]by:

(Spoken)> God answered our prayers.  My shipmates didn't give up, they found me, and I'm almost home.

When the bus I was on, stopped in the little town I call home,  through the bus window,

I could see a young woman standing on the side-walk, all alone.

She turned and I saw her face; Ohh, I should have known!

I stepped down out of the bus, on to the walk.

Oh my, "she was cryin" as she ran to me...

[G]She threw her arms around me, pressed her [C]warm full lips hard against [G]mine.

And, I found myself lost,in a [D]ocean of loves sweet [G]time.

She [C]pressed her warm full lips hard against mine,

And, I found myself lost, for[D]ever in loves sweet [G]time.

[G]In the twinkling of an eye, [C]time passes [G]by:Now we have a daughter, [D]she's only thir[G]teen.

Re: "She's Only Thirteen"

hi wayne very touching song and nice ending,another to listen for.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Re: "She's Only Thirteen"

Thank you daddycool,  wayne