Topic: "Lovin Sweet Candy Never Grows Old"

Lovin Sweet Candy Never Grows Old
By:  Wayne Fiala

G                                                C                                    G
Her skin is smooth as fine velvet,  her eyes dark as two pieces of coal,
                                          D                                  G                 D
her lips sweet as candy, and lovin sweet Candy never grows old.  XXX

G                                                             C                                        G
I met her at the corner drug store.   She was sittin there drinkin a rootbeer float.
                                                                      D                                        G
Soon as I laid eyes on her,  I thought out loud:  Lord, this girl really floats my boat!
D      G                                                         C                 G
So, I sat down right beside her,  and ask her:  What is your name?
                                                                      D                          G
She smiled, said: My name is Candy, and you-N-me think kinda the same.
               C                                          G
I was just sittin here drinkin my rootbeer float,  soon as I laid eyes on you,
                             D                                         G
I thought out loud:  Lord, this guy really floats my boat.

C                              G              C                                     G
And her skin is smooth as fine velvet, her eyes dark as two pieces of coal,
      C                 G                                 D                                                   G       D
her lips sweet as candy, ohh Lord, I think lovin sweet Candy would never grow old.  XXX

G                                                     C                           G
Well me and Candy got married.  That was twenty some years ago.  Four kids, Candy,
                                                                             D                                            G
and a nice little home for my family, is evidence, that lovin sweet Candy never grows old.

C                              G               C                                    G
And her skin is smooth as fine velvet, her eyes dark as two pieces of coal,
      C                 G              D                                            G      D
her lips sweet as candy, and lovin sweet Candy never grows old.  XXX

G                                                 D                         G
Time has passed by quickly,  since me and Candy got married.
                    C                         G
Now that was fourty some years ago.

Eleven grand-kids, Candy, and a little bigger home for my family,
                         D                                            G
is evidence, that lovin sweet Candy never grows old.

C                                    G                C                                     G
And,  her skin is still smooth as fine velvet,   her eyes dark as two pieces of coal,
      C                 G               D                                         G                D
her lips sweet as candy, and lovin sweet Candy, still never grows old.  XXX

G                                                   C                            G
We'll live out our life time together.   And, when it's our time to go,  with music notes,
                                                    D                                             G
above the words in this song, this is what I want written on my head-stone:
      C                                 G              C                                     G
Her skin was smooth as fine velvet, her eyes dark as two pieces of coal,
      C                 G                                         D                                                      G
her lips sweet as candy, ohh Lord, a lifetime of lovin my sweet Candy, never... grew... old.

Re: "Lovin Sweet Candy Never Grows Old"

hi wayne a great storyline and loving sweet candy never grows old,great love lyrical song....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Re: "Lovin Sweet Candy Never Grows Old"

Thanks daddycool.  Again, you make my head swell.  Take care, jody Wayne