1 (edited by Jody Wayne 2010-03-05 21:05:32)

Topic: "Beaver Creek"

Beaver Creekby Wayne Fiala

[G] [D] [G] [D][G]Beaver [C]Creek,[C]Beaver [G]Creek. Ohh, [D]I loved growin up in Beaver [G]Creek.

I miss [C]wadin, splashin, playin,[G]down on Beaver Creek. Only thing I don't miss,

was gittin all those [D]stickers in my [G]feet.On [D]Beaver [G]Creek, [D]Beaver [G]Creek.

[G]Well, my best friend Tommy, was [D]my best [G]friend. We still [C]talk on the phone every now and [G]then.

We [C]reminess about, our [G]days in Beaver Creek. We both agree, only thing we don't miss,

was gittin all those [D]stickers in our [G]feet.On [D]Beaver [G]Creek, [D]Beaver [G]Creek.

[G]I attended Beaver [D]Creek High [G]School.When I was [C]there, I had a [G]ball.

But, about the [D]only class I ever passed, was study [G]hall.I liked a girl named [D]Sally [G]Allie.

She was [C]voted ugliest girl in [G]school. But, [D]I thought Sally Allie was kinda [G]cool.

I used to sneek love notes [D]into her [G]locker. I was [C]about the only boy in school who didn't [G]knock her.

Now [C]she's a super modle.[G]She is lookin fine.And all the guys from school are jellous:[D]Cauzz, she

married me, and now she's mine all [G]mine.

[G]Beaver [C]Creek, [C]Beaver [G]Creek.Ohh, I miss my friend, and growin [D]up in Beaver [G]Creek.

I miss [C]wadin,splashin,playin,[G]down on Beaver Creek.Only thing I don't miss,

was gittin all those [D]stickers in my [G]feet.On [D]Beaver [G]Creek, [D]Beaver [G]Creek.

[G]I talked with Tommy on the [D]phone again to[G]day.He [C]told me that his Daddy passed [G]away.

He was [C]cryin when he told me.And, now his [G]mamma is alone.

Lord, it's hard to give a friend a hug [D]on the tele[G]phone.

[G]Beaver [C]Creek, [C]Beaver [G]Creek.Ohh, I miss my friend, and growin [D]up in Beaver [G]Creek.I miss

I miss [C]bonfires, hayrack rides, [G]old pick-up trucks.I miss, [C]Tippin cows, kissin gals then tellin pals,

and [G]Sunday pick-nicks after Church. I miss [C]wadin, splashin, playin, [G]down on Beaver Creek.

Only thing I don't miss, was gittin all those [D]stickers in my [G]feet.

On [D]Beaver [G]Creek, [D]Beaver [G]Creek.

[G]Yes, my best friend Tommy was [D]my best [G]friend.And as far as I'm concerned,

my best friend Tommy is still [D]my best [G]friend.

[G]Beaver [C]Creek, [C]Beaver [G]Creek.Ohh, I [D]loved growin up in Beaver [G]Creek.I loved [C]wadin,

splashin, playin, [G]down on Beaver Creek. And I guess I'll confess, sometimes I even miss,

"gittin all those [D]stickers in my [G]feet".On [D]Beaver [G]Creek, [D]Beaver [G]Creek, [D]Beaver [G]Creek... fade

In Memory of my best friend:  Tommy

Re: "Beaver Creek"

See!

A whole life story in song. Tell me please wheres "Beaver Creek"  sounds a good place to grow up in.

Whats the "Stickers Thingies  on your feet "

My favourite line.

Lord, it's hard to give a friend a hug on the telephone". Soooooooo true.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi Old Doll.  Actually, there is no town Beaver Creek.  There is a creek with running water name Beaver Creek.  It is east of the towns me and my friends grew up in.  Which was Hennessey and Kingfisher Oklahoma.  The stickers are called: Sticker Burrs.  They grow wild just about anywhere.  They are round and about the size of a pencil eracer.  If you step on one they stick into your foot.  They are a little hard to pull out and when you do it hurts a lot.  My best friend Tommy passed away last year.  I miss my friend and growin up near Beaver Creek.    tears     Have a good day.  Jody

I used to go to all the musicals with me Mam.

Know all the music to Oklahoma and so many others.. Wasnt Howard Keel just the finest singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V0Sg66yXHc

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi wayne looks like you had a lot of fun growing up,lovely memories,great tribute,lovely song.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Thank you sir.  Growing up was interesting.  I still don't miss gitting stickers in my feet.  lol  Take Care, jody Wayne

Video up and running.
www.youtube.com/user/jodywayne47

Hey Jody, that was great.  Do you just use the computer video monitor to do this?  And what software do you use to record it?  I'd like to start putting some of mine up like that some day.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hi benson,  I use a sony camcorder on a tripod.  It takes the video and records.  Then I transfer the video from the camcorder to my computer.  Then I upload the file to youtube/myspace.  They have small recorders and cameras that you can set right on your desk and hook up to your computer to record.  At least that is what my grandkids told me??  It's a pain getting started, but it gets easier quickly and becomes more fun.  I hope you do start recording, I would like to hear your songs.
Take care,jodyWayne