Topic: "Nervous as a Grasshopper in a Chicken Coup"

It's been months since I have played out and I am playing tonight at the local open mic with a young fellar half my age. He is such a great guitar player and so confident I feel kinda dumb worrying about things. I like to play without a music stand and lyrics . Seems the older I get the lyrics is where I stumble. I guess if my memory banks lock up , that's why they call it open mic smile

Later, Wayne P

Re: "Nervous as a Grasshopper in a Chicken Coup"

Fear not, Wayne, run over a few of your best tunes that you know well before you leave the house. Keep it simple and basic at first and when you fell the energy and encouragement from the audience and the other players, get brave and try some of your more sophisticated tunes. Tiptoe at first and then get rolling. It's gonna be big fun.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I think we all get nervous at first, but get through one song and you'll loosen up like Tuba said.  Good luck.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Good Luck, Break a leg, Knock 'em dead. Wish I could be there. I have no doubt you will do great.

Most importantly, Have a Great Time!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Wlbaye !

Breathe easy, be yourself, stop the anticipating. You'll be massive. If you make a mistake, give the other guy a strange look lol

Then come tell us all about it.

Ps. I wonder where  The musk smelling Southpaw is this weather ? I miss his post.
I hope life is good for you and yours where ever you are petal.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

I am fine thanks, and I will give a report of how the night went in Southpaw's thread. I was joshing a little about being nervous. Our open mic is getting to be pretty good so I am kinda fired up. I am hoping the guy that is playing with me gets  a good recording. I will post it if he will share with me. I haven't played with anyone for awhile so I am very excited.
What makes me nervous is using other's PA equipment so this time I am taking my acoustasonic for my guitar and vocal and my friend is bringing his amp. It makes me feel at home when I have my own stuff.

I don't know what songs I will do but looks like.

1  Don't Think Twice
2  Sunday Morning Coming Down
3  Last of the Hobo Kings              My wife's request, can't argue with her, I will be giving credit to Old Doll before I play it.
4  One More Cup of Coffee
5  I'll be Your Baby Tonight
6  The Dutchman             My Wife' s Request    I still remember the Waves of Emotion that come over me the last time I performed it . Kinda Scared

7   I have lots of others if they don't kick me out by number 7

Anyway when I start playing the set list always changes so we will see if I stick to this or not smile

Later, Wayne P

OH how awesome!  I wish I could be there!  Ahhh... just pretend I am, and then anything you play will sound awesome, cuz it would to me!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Wayne i visit you you tube channel alot hoping that someday i'll play half as good as you, your talented as seem to have a ball so just be yourself

Everything went well I will give a detailed report in Southpaws share your gig stories post smile

Now I have to go to bed  wink

Later, Wayne P