Topic: Willie in Jamaica!

Now, what would take Willie Nelson down to Jamaica?  He looks real comfortable there.  Still, I'm glad he went...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ5kxRJi … re=related

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Willie in Jamaica!

Willie and Reggae.  Pretty good sound.  Lets just hope he kind of stays away from Rap. smile

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

That was pretty good Zurf, can't say I've everseen that one before, thanks for the link.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

4 (edited by Zurf 2010-01-09 01:06:46)

Who would have figured that Willie Nelson would do a Johnny Cash song with Toots and the Maytalls.  It is a weird and wonderful world.  I loved the jeep full of pot. 

They recorded "Worried Man" for a reggae album Willie put out.  Seems like they had a good time, and when Toots and the Maytalls later did a collaboration album, Toots decided to do a Willie Nelson song.  Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysbG2Pad … re=related

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Willie on Reggae, wouldn't have believed it, yet... it IS GOOD!  GO WILLIE!  Interesting, I just watched an interview from the 80's and there was a part on there about how he "tried to get started"... in a suit and tie, shaved, short hair on TV!  Hmmm... again, never would have guessed.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Zurf wrote:

Now, what would take Willie Nelson down to Jamaica?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ5kxRJi … re=related

- Zurf

Heard they have some wild weed down there.
"Jamacan Red" will have you following around behind all the little animals.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Good song,

WEED ? Is there anyone here on chordie willing to tell me how  smoking weed enhances them ?
I personally never touched it. But I've been around people who have .  They either laughed non stop  it seemed at nothing! Which always irritated me. Or were completely paranoid!
I still prefer to get  high on life . sometimes with a drink or 2 !

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Willie in Jamaica????? Just not right IMO. Willie belongs in the midwest USA....Even with Jamaica's plentiful herb.

+1 for above..please no Rap !!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I don't know, Old Doll, I never tried the stuff.  I'd go to parties where folks were smoking and I noticed they got stupid fast.  I didn't need any help getting stupid, and if I did there was usually beer or bourbon to help me out.  So I've just avoided it altogether or substituted inebriating substances more to my liking. 

I don't have a problem if folks want to smoke it in a safe location, just don't see much point to it for myself.  I don't like tobacco cigarettes either, truth be told.  I've got a lot less use for tobacco cigarettes than marijuana mostly because from what I've seen the guys smoking pot just hang out around their own home or around camp and are courteous to non-smokers, which is not what I've seen by and large (with exceptions) from tobacco cigarette smokers.    Now pipes and good quality cigars - I rather like the smell of those. 

- Zurf

Old Doll wrote:

Good song,

WEED ? Is there anyone here on chordie willing to tell me how  smoking weed enhances them ?
I personally never touched it. But I've been around people who have .  They either laughed non stop  it seemed at nothing! Which always irritated me. Or were completely paranoid!

Old Doll.

The giddiness and paranoia go away once you become accustomed to it with regular use. Then it's just a nice calming mellow buzz. A good stress reliever without the hangover or risk of addiction. Once you're used to it, it doesn't really impair you at all. Creativity can be boosted but depends on the user...

Yea, I support legalization smile

It amazes me that weed is still illegal with things like salvia available at almost any store here... It (salvia) really messes you up!! Like a 10 minute acid trip! I've got a vid uploaded on youtube with my drummer hitting it before a jam session. Pretty funny stuff lol

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I enjoy two or three beers to put my brain in party mode when I play gigs. More than that bogs me down.
Normally, coffee and iced tea are the only stimulants I inbibe. Drunks and stoners find me to be dull company.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Guitarpix wrote:
Old Doll wrote:

Good song,

Old Doll.

The giddiness and paranoia go away once you become accustomed to it with regular use. Then it's just a nice calming mellow buzz. A good stress reliever without the hangover or risk of addiction. Once you're used to it, it doesn't really impair you at all. Creativity can be boosted but depends on the user...

Yea, I support legalization smile

It amazes me that weed is still illegal with things like salvia available at almost any store here... It (salvia) really messes you up!! Like a 10 minute acid trip! I've got a vid uploaded on youtube with my drummer hitting it before a jam session. Pretty funny stuff lol

Never heard of Salvia... that sounds scary!  LOL!  But then, I'm a highly anxiety prone person so anything that might resemble acid (including of course acid) has always been a big NO for me!

Old Doll and Pix, On occasion I have enjoyed the relaxation benefits of the stuff... I don't believe it's the best of choices for a "party", but I think it has valuable uses.  I personally think it should be used more widely than say, prozac (which I have also used in the past per a doc's orders).  When life is too confusing and stress it at it's max and you need help stopping and sorting things out, it is helpful to chill out and put thoughts into perspective one at a time.  I think that this is a drug that has great potential on the prescription pad of a therapist.  I believe the opposite is true of Alcohol.  Alcohol is great for forgetting your problems and dealing with them later... therefore, excellent for the "party".

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Totally agree with MKM, as they both influence your way of thinking...neither accomplishes putting your problems away, they both just temporarily make you feel good ...but as one is used for medical purposes and gives you a stranger look at life and one is not used for medical and gives you a screwed up way at looking at life...then party on with alcohol and forget about WEED ...unless you feel it is necessary to look at your life say through "rose colored glasses" a little bit!

I dabble, but nothing serious...not looking for a career just something to do! tongue

This song is MY LIFE right now.  In fact, as a young grandpa, my kids have even given me the nickname "Papa!"  I've gotta get this one on iTunes and learn it on my uke TODAY!

Regarding Willie, I'm always disappointed when I see him live, but his records are burned into my soul.  A world without Willie will be missing a whole lot.

Me with my first ukulele, a Junior Beatles model, in 1966.  After Mom threw it down the stairs in a fit of rage, I became a drummer for life.  At age 43, I bought my second uke...