Topic: If I Could Sleep

Hi, everyone.

I'm hoping to record this again at the weekend. I'm not happy with the first run through.

I was rather taken with Zurf's recent predicment and wondered "When would you just not want to sleep". And this is the result.

Forget the Chordie chords, the real ones are below the song. Despite the seeming difficulty of their names - these chords are actually very easy to play.

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Cadd9 - 032000   Cadd9 (in the chorus) 032030
Dm7 - 000211
F6/9 - 000011
fm13 - 003230

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

Re: If I Could Sleep

Wow skilled songwriting right there. It's good, it's sad, and it's got the element of artistic poetry that I like, and rarely see.

good job.....

If i Could Sleep,

Stransongs, THATS FANTASTIC. I love the way you write. You capture all the emotions
in a short few  Verses.

Looking forward to hearing this recorded.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

I've got to agree with Linusguitar & Old doll, A beautiful song,The chords bring out the sadness of the lyric,Love it. I can't wait to hear the finished song.

Trevor smile

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

hi stransongs another beautiful piece,plenty of feelings,brilliant.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Love it. Great lyrics and feeling in this one. Bring on the recording!!

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Hi StranSongs,

Yup...you really do have a great style of writing. I know it was a while ago when you posted this but I hope your close to recording it. big_smile

Beauty

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)