Topic: SYNTHESIZER CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?

Since I can't play, after 6 months the guitar, I ask this question because I am a nitwit in these things.
1) BIG BRANDS: Korg, Roland, Zoom???
2) DOES SIZE MATTERS,
3) ESPECIALLY: WHAT CAN YOU DO AND PERFORM ON THEM? Guitar, vocals?drum, base

Please help me, on the internet, they tell that their brand is the better.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: SYNTHESIZER CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?

Sorry Doc, I've tried to address this in a different forum.  My ability to play does not reflect my ability to operate a computer with a 6 stringed instrument.  Back in the 90's, I convinced my wife that I needed a MIDI tool for my Stratocaster that would let me play organ (or whatever) over my guitar tracks. I was so disappointed that I eventually threw the whole system out the window. Now, here we are in the 21st century,  I'm certain that the technology exists to allow such concepts to work. I don't, or won't believe it. The results that I had achieved back in the day were so lame that I had decided that no further pursuit was required. Ever.  I am probably wrong.  I hope your search provides better results and if they do, let me know what you did.

Thanks,

tandm3

Now available in 5G !

I have a boss BR600, working with CF card, there is no way that I can play the stuff recorded and put it on PC.
I wanted to know what the possibility is with a synthesizer. Recording on DVD or CD-rom?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Oh my oh my oh my...

What are you looking for when you say "synth"? The thingie that produces electronic sounds? (yes, drums, vocals, guitar, bass, famously woodwinds (Sledgehammer)). Or a Keyboard?

If it's the keys: Try them. You need to feel how the action is, how big the keys are etc.

If it's basically just for some quick recordings, you might just want to try a midi compatible usb keyboard for the pc and use that as your synth. Then you'll record as midi and will be able to edit and play around to your liking.

If it's for performing and the stage, I'd say go classic! A YAMAHA DX-7 (or better DX-7 II) should be available on ebay really cheap. And that's THE synth that made the 80s sound like they did.

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks, already good information