Topic: Tuner for DuMmY

Hey people,my name is Joe (really),and Im from Virginia,I got the itch to play the guitar,so I did some research,and went to a local shop,and purchased a Yamaha Gigmaster Deluxe Kit deal,the only thing in the package I have a doubt about is that paperwieght that has "QwikTune QT-11"printed on it,does anyone have any suggestion for another more reliable,not hard to use,less then $50.00 guitar tuner?
Thanks,
Joe
Chesapeake,Va.
USA

Re: Tuner for DuMmY

Hey Joe (sounded musical, sorry!)
Welcome to CHORDIE.
I use a Sabine STX1100 for about 5 yrs.  Should cost less than $30 at some places.  It can clip right onto the music stand and very reliable easy to see led lights.  Korg has some good stuff too.  Just try not to buy the $15 entry unit as they will disappoint.
Since you're nearby, keep in touch.
Steve
Chesapeake, VA

Ill add that to my list of things to check out,thanks.
Joe...........

Good Lord!I found everything I needed at Sweetwater.com,and to boot? NO LESS then 10 minutes after I hit the Submit order button,they called me to tell me they were out of that tuner and we spent the next 8 minutes picking out a different tuner,Im gonna love this hobby,and that dealer.............

LOVEEEEEEEE that sound of a busted E string..............poinnggggggggg?
Joe...........

I have a Korg GT-2 I paid $25 for ten years back.
It is the best I have found for cheap.
When you change guitar strings, save the most recent set in case you break a new one and use the older strings to hang pictures. Two screw eyes and an old "A" string cut to length and that picture frame is up for good.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I still have my origional electronic seiko tune master,I bought it in 1983 ,it works great and I have used it many times since I bought it. I guess it is almost an antique now,and older then alot of the players here.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Korg autotuners are unbeatable.   Buy them in bulk, stick them everywhere.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Now theres dedication to a product...........
and my list grows..................

Joe....

i use a guitar app on my I-phone. it does everything you can imagine.

ther are free tuners on the internet; guitar, mandolin etc just google