Topic: Happy Birthday Mekidsmom!

Hope you've had a rockin' day!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Happy Birthday Mekidsmom!

Yes, have a very happy birthday.  Maybe you'll get a real expensive guitar or something.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Mekidsmom, best to you on your day.
You are so good to people and I pray they appreciate you.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I also wish you a VERY happy birthday MKM and many more perhaps someday you may be as old as me lol seriously happy birthday smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

What tuba said.  And, yes they do.  Hope it was a good one.

MKM,

Hope your day's a Dazzler smile

Later, Wayne P

Happy Birthday MKM,

I hope you have a great one and many more.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Have a wonderful happy day Petal.

I wish you all you wish  for your self. May life realize your dreams.

Love n hugs to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29WtO6EKMcA

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

A toast to you, got your day in before the year ended, lol,    hope you have a great day.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

Happy B'day MKM

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

OMG!  I JUST SAW THIS!  Thank you all so much!  Jeff, you're the best... even after all my whining on facebook! ha ha!  Everytime I start to feel old, I just remember that my husband is 6 years older than I and therefore, I will ALWAYS be young compared to him! ha!  Mean, so mean... but yet so true and always makes me feel better!  So, I am officially 33 (and that means this year he turns the big 40 ahhh!).

So, after a day to myself and a lovely bubbly bath... I made Souvlaki (because it's my fav and no one else around here knows how to do it "right" the way the authentic Greek diner I nearly grew up in made it), a heavenly Angel food cake filled with whipped cream, pineapples and cherries... AND I got some new PJ's from my 2 year old, a scarf and gloves from my 4 yr old, a pair of snowpants from my 13 yr old (because he wore out and broke my old ones smile), and TODAY is the day we are eligible for an upgrade on our cell phones and I have the promise of a new Moto Droid from the hubster!  It is time for me to get something "techie" and I am SOOO excited about it!  Next year will be a new guitar, I can feel it!

As for getting my b.day in before the end of the year (get ready to laugh) my parents like to tell the story of how they talked the doc into inducing labor a few days earlier than he wanted to so they could claim me on income taxes in '76 ... hey, whatever works right?  big_smile 

Thanks again Chordie Family!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Happy Birthday mekidsmom !!!!!!!! Sorry its late, but better late then never !

cheers.

gag.

Strats Rule Forever !!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday!! mekidsmom, I  hope you had a great one and got your wishes granted. The cake sounded so good I went and got a tweenkie to eat .

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Happy B-Day MKM ... Seems like I don't get on here often enough to know what's going on WHEN it's going on , L O L ... Glad you had a good one ... Boy that cake does sound good ... Hey Dino , how about shareing that there twinkie , L O L .........
                                                                  Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Souvlaki,

Is this the sweet pastry one ? I buy one here at the farmers market with pistachio ! Im sure the guy calls it that.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Happy Belated Birthday MKM big_smile

By the sounds of it you had a deservedly super day.
Funny I thought you were 29 and holding. lol

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Old Doll wrote:

Souvlaki,

Is this the sweet pastry one ? I buy one here at the farmers market with pistachio ! Im sure the guy calls it that.

Old Doll.

Souvlaki... is a dinner meal (or lunch).  Often times a mixture of lamb and pork, lamb and beef, or even chicken is used.  I made it using sirloin steaks.  The meat is traditionally marinated and skewered with onions and peppers and grilled (I just cooked everything in the broiler... that's my "winter grilling" method).  The marinade can be a simple olive oil and balsamic vinegarette with the juice of 1/2 a lemon (the lemon is the trick to Greek cooking).  On your plate, a piece of pita bread, lettuce, tomato, the skewers, feta cheese, Greek olives, and drizzle a little of the saved marinade on top (of course you saved this and it doesn't have raw meat juices in it smile)

It's delicious!  I think you're thinking of Bakalava Old Doll... that is SUPER SWEET with filo dough, a nut filling, and covered and soaked with a honey mixture.  Pistacios would be EXCELLENT in there!  I don't like walnuts too much... and didn't have any other's laying around, so I made it once with coconut and chocolate instead!  It was out of this world!  I wish I'd have written down what I did that day, because I'm not sure if I could recreate it again...LOL!

Kenny... I got on my Dad's Wii Fit Plus yesterday... and it said my body's age is only 28 so I think I might stick with that!  LOL!

Thank you for the Belated B.day wishes gag, dino, gse, old doll, and kap!