Topic: HELP THEY STOLE MY SONG

This topic is in the line of plagiarism and yet it is completely different. You play music very fluent, you are travelling with a small recording device, why? because you are a musician and inspiration doesn't depend on time.

You see a few, poor people, playing and singing on the street,; you record a few songs, and finally you make a song from the stuff you recorded, on a trip, played by those people. BEST EXAMPLE: the WORLDWIDE HIT: THE MACARENA, selling millions of records. The street musicians listening to the radio, hear THEIR song, and I am pretty shure that a situation like this happens more than you think, even without a recording device, because of that "catchy" tune that stays, a lot even unconscious, in your head. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS PROBLEM, HOW TO SOLVE IT, HOW TO PROTECT it, because often those street musicians don't have rights on their song. I KNOW THIS IS A VERY DIFFICULT ONE, you only have 7 major chords, and even years later, often triggered by another song, you have that tune again. Why triggered: start telling jokes, alone you will remember maybe 5 jokes, but in company you will remember 10 times more jokes.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: HELP THEY STOLE MY SONG

I was thinking about this same subject about a week ago due to a strange dream I had when wearing those patches to stop smoking!

Can you copyright your own music easily?

I have a friend, who is a few years ago, for the organisation to protect copyrights. I don't know where you live, but I think that it will be not so different. That friend has already given his song to this organisation, but 5 years ago, you did trabslate your song at least in the chords you used and even more, and taking a lot of time, transpose the song in "notes", you know, the type of sheet, where every single note is written on, and of course also the lyrics. He is one of my best friends, and he told me that even if I change the lyrics entirely into my lyrics, silly example, in stead of Bob Dylan's song, Blowin' in the wind, I write the question my girl is singing in the sun, that I will get money for this, but that I have to pay a lot to the original writer of the original lyrics. I don't know how much it costs, but once you are a member of that society, I think that if you write your own tunes with or without lyrics, it is always better to handle the song to them for copyrights (valable 70 years here) At this very moment, some smart musicians, make there own version of a bliues song, to name one, from 1930. You will be amazed how easy, at least for me, how easy it is to 1) try to play along and 2) once the tune is in your head to modifie the song, shake it and melt it in a new costume.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

scrimmy82 wrote:

I was thinking about this same subject about a week ago due to a strange dream I had when wearing those patches to stop smoking!

Can you copyright your own music easily?

yea its called a poor mans patent
stick the lyrics or a tape of the song in an envelope and send it to your self
the post mark proves you wrote it on or before that date
also people unfortunately have a terrible habit of remebering things they shouldnt