Topic: Busted

My son found a deal on an Epiphone SG G-300 on a local classified web site. After looking at the ad and seeing the price I decided that this would be an awesome gift for him for X-mas. He is currently playing an Epiphone Les Paul Special that he received for Christmas two years ago. Anyhow, I contacted the person who placed the ad and got directions to his house and checked out this sweet guitar. After inspecting it and playing it for a bit I got out the checkbook and cut him a check for $125.00 (he originally wanted $150 but came down as it needed new strings) I brought it home and as no one was here changed the strings and proceeded to jam a little. Unfortunately I didn't pay attention and he walked in on me.You should have seen the look on his face.  After some stammering and stuttering I told him that this was indeed his present and let him play a bit. The look of joy was quickly replaced with one of frustration when I informed him that he couldn't actually have it till X-mas morning.He did his best to convince me that he should have it now and that it would make his appearance in the school Christmas show that much more impressive. (He and some friends are doing instrumental versions of some Christmas carols) So softy that I am I let him have it with the stipulation that I didn't want to hear any whining Christmas morning when he didn't have a "big present" under the tree. Now if he just doesn't find the amp.

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Re: Busted

hi bswyers,wow that was kind of hard not to say no to,it was good of you to get him a nice guitar like that. Give the amp to a friend or neighbor to hold for you.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

What a wonderful story for both of you to talk and laugh about in years to come.

Your christmas magic just started a wee bit earlier.

Enjoy! it pases quickly.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Nice story!  Thanks for sharing it!  Given the situation with the school function and all... I'd have given in too!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

5 (edited by bswyers 2009-12-18 23:41:49)

Just realized that due to my limited keyboarding skills that I created a new model of SG. The one we just got is actually an SG 310 not a 300. Whoops

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

bswyers wrote:

So softy that I am I let him have it with the stipulation that I didn't want to hear any whining Christmas morning when he didn't have a "big present" under the tree. Now if he just doesn't find the amp.

I'd go to a guitar store and get an empty guitar box. Wrap that up for him to open and when the disappointment on his face is too much to handle, break out the amp. smile

Nah - that'd be cruel.

Hope the Christmas show goes well!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!