Topic: Guitar finish repair

Has anybody heard of repairing small blemishes in the laquer of an acoustic?  My wife knocked a fireplace poker set over and my beloved blond beauty.  I remember once seeing where someone used Superglue  by roughing up the area, applying the glue then sanding and buffing it back to a sheen. Has anybody seen or tried this process, and if so how did it work?

Thanks, RC

2 (edited by Guitarpix 2009-12-04 13:18:42)

Re: Guitar finish repair

The repair process will really depend on the amount of damage... How big is the ding? Is it through the finish? Are you SURE it's a laquer finish? Some pics would be really handy! I hate to offer blind advice to anyone but yes super glue can be used depending on the circumstances... I've got some pages saved in my bookmarks that cover basic finish repair.. I'll see if I can find them when I get home from work and pass them on to you! -Pix

Here's one I had handy that you can read over for now http://www.musicianshotline.com/archive … /04_03.htm

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Guitar finish repair

Check out   www.stewmac.com  for tips and supplies to help you out.   No,  I do not work for them.  They helped me out when I snapped the neck off of one of my guitars.  They were very helpful.

Now available in 5G !