Topic: Round neck resonator

If there are any round neck dobro players out there I could sure use some advice.  I recently bought an instrument and while Ive been able to find some chords on my own I havent been able to find instructional material specific to the round neck ( lots of stuff for lap style players).  It seems like the use of a steel vs a slide would make a difference in fingering chords???  I had a guy tell me once that playing a round neck was "totally different" from square neck. 
At the time I didnt have enough sense to have him explaine.  Im tuned to open D and like old county and blues.  If any one has any advice or can point me in a direction to get guidance Id be grateful.    CRPyle

Re: Round neck resonator

Here's a link to some open D stuff.  I play with a brass or chrome slide on my pinky finger.  This gives me three strong fingers to play chords with.  On my resonator, I play with a thumb pick and long fingernails on my first three fingers.  D is great tuning and of course if you capo up two frets you've got Open E tuning.   I printed out this chart and it taped to the wall next to his chord chart for Open G.  Good luck

http://alanhorvath.com/Dchart.php

Now available in 5G !