Topic: A RARE COVER FOR ME CHARLIE DANIELS LONG HAIRED COUNTRY BOY

I just couldn't resist trying this song with my new glass slide,normally I dont do very many cover songs but I was pickin around and remembered this song from a few years back smile
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … =100598674

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: A RARE COVER FOR ME CHARLIE DANIELS LONG HAIRED COUNTRY BOY

hi russell,I think you missed your calling youmight have been a big star doing country /rock.I really enjoyed that,were you using boss effects? what kind of acoustic is that it has a nice sound.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

3 (edited by Russell_Harding 2009-11-12 04:46:08)

Dino its never to late lol ya never know what folks are going to like untill you kick around a few songs and see, this is a new venue for me and I'm experimenting with ideas,there are no effects at all the guitar is a Hohner acoustic electric with silk n steel strings it is un-amped only the microphone on my Kodak camera is picking up the sound from my vocals and the guitar and for some reason it seems to mix both equally I appreciate your comments nice to hear some positive feedback smile

dino48 wrote:

hi russell,I think you missed your calling youmight have been a big star doing country /rock.I really enjoyed that,were you using boss effects? what kind of acoustic is that it has a nice sound.

Nice.  Yeah, I'm sure it's the camera that has you and your guitar working together to sound good.  No years of practice or skill honed on a thousand nights in a thousand venues on your part.  It's probably the camera.  wink   

I've always liked that song, and I'm a short haired flatlander FORMER country boy. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thanks Zurf that song is one of my favorite Charlie Daniels songs yeah there have been a few nights and days on the honing trail,its a coincidence my guitar is a Hohner lol

Zurf wrote:

Nice.  Yeah, I'm sure it's the camera that has you and your guitar working together to sound good.  No years of practice or skill honed on a thousand nights in a thousand venues on your part.  It's probably the camera.  wink   

I've always liked that song, and I'm a short haired flatlander FORMER country boy. 

- Zurf

Good Job Russ !

I do a  similar one to that. You are still a " Long Haired Country Boy"  I do  "Grey Haired Country Boy"  and I have a friend that does "Bald Headed Country Boy" smile

Later, Wayne P

Another nice job. Was it a stretch for you to be a "long haired country boy"; seems to come pretty easy to you

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

bald headed country boy kind of like Kenny Chesney lol I would have gray hair but I'm egotistical and use Just for men thanks for the kind words smile

wlbaye wrote:

Good Job Russ !

I do a  similar one to that. You are still a " Long Haired Country Boy"  I do  "Grey Haired Country Boy"  and I have a friend that does "Bald Headed Country Boy" smile

thanks Geo I guess there's a little country in all of us I used to have waist long hair back when I was doing rock concerts in the 60's but part of me always liked country songs and blues smile

geoaguiar wrote:

Another nice job. Was it a stretch for you to be a "long haired country boy"; seems to come pretty easy to you

10 (edited by geoaguiar 2009-11-12 20:05:06)

Russell_Harding wrote:

bald headed country boy kind of like Kenny Chesney lol I would have gray hair but I'm egotistical and use Just for men thanks for the kind words smile

wlbaye wrote:

Good Job Russ !

So...."Dyed Hair Country Boy" wink

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

It was good enough for president Reagan its fine by me some guys look good with gray or white hair I dont so its a small price to pay to stroke my ego smile

geoaguiar wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

wlbaye wrote:

Good Job Russ !

So...."Dyed Hair Country Boy" wink

That was good russ...i like the slide...

and I do thank you Randy it was nice connecting and watching you and Scott play the other day I still need a better web cam its on my wish list smile

riddler wrote:

That was good russ...i like the slide...

Nice one Mr russell Sir,

Please explain to this ole fool " Whats a glass slide ? is it that finger thing you have on in the Video ?

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hey Russell,

I'm surprised you didn't just dig around in the back of your medicine cabinet and dump the contents of that old Coricidin bottle that we are old enough to still have hanging out in those dark recesses (for you younger folks, it was a cold symptom tablet sold in glass bottles that has been discontinued).  Used one of those for awhile until it got stuck on my finger and I tossed it.  But there is nothing that sings like glass for the weight.

Nice Job Buddy!

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Yes my lady its that thing on my finger I could put it on my other finger but it easier to use on my pinky because I can make chords that way thank you Helena smile

Old Doll wrote:

Nice one Mr russell Sir,

Please explain to this ole fool " Whats a glass slide ? is it that finger thing you have on in the Video ?

Old Doll.

Doug I was going to use the top of a bottle but I couldnt cut the glass and all the medicine now comes in plastic glad you enjoyed it and it looks like you got the active x control fixed so you can view videos now chat later russ smile

Doug_Smith wrote:

Hey Russell,

I'm surprised you didn't just dig around in the back of your medicine cabinet and dump the contents of that old Coricidin bottle that we are old enough to still have hanging out in those dark recesses (for you younger folks, it was a cold symptom tablet sold in glass bottles that has been discontinued).  Used one of those for awhile until it got stuck on my finger and I tossed it.  But there is nothing that sings like glass for the weight.

Nice Job Buddy!

Take Care;
Doug