Topic: Song Request Search

Hi Everyone.. Just a simple question.
I requested the chords for a gospel song
Whisper Jesus By John Starnes in the key fo G and Basic. 
Is there a quick way to find out if the request has been submitted or answered ?
When I visit the song requests they arrange from 1-65 With 25 songs in each section.
I checked right through the first ten sections, Is there a quick way to find your request
without having to check all the entries ?
I Pray i have made myself understandable ?
Thank You-Pastor Laurence

Re: Song Request Search

Hi Pastor,
  When I am hunting a song, I'll look under "SONGS" tab just above the dark blue line at top of this page. After you click "SONGS" it will open a page with the letters of the alphabet. In your case you would look under Whi which should open up songs with titles beginning with Whisper.
If you know the Singer (Which You do) look under "ARTISTS" and some times this makes the process faster. This is the way I search Chordie.Sadly I have done both looking for your song and have not found it. I even went to the singers web site and found a short clip of part of the song but no Chords anywhere.  I hope you find it. AL

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Thank you a big lot Al
That certainly makes my search much easier.
Maybe someone will come up with the chords for that song.
Again you have increased my great intrest for this site.
All the best Al
Pastor Laurence

Well pastor, I've looked all over the web and found no chords for the song.  ususally I am pretty god at finding them, but not this one.  it could still be out there somewhere.  Topdown is good at finding songs.  maybe he will come along later and find it.  Good luck

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

This will be my first time trying to embed a YouTube Video.
I am following mekidsmon... Instructions.
Thank you bensonp.
If the video plays & I pray it does.. Enjoy
Pastor Laurence

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H4Hv6Al435I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H4Hv6Al435I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object

Pastor I think you copied the wrong link this is the embedding code the one you need to copy is the url this will provide the link to the video smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

You see my good brothers Prayer works.
He sent along Russell Harding to keep me right.
Sorry about that mekidsmum  I copied the wrong code.
Now I know I have it right Enjoy
Pastor Laurence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Hv6Al435I

Hi Pastor Laurence, welcome to the forum. I guess you've noticed that I moved your topic. Just a bit of house-keeping. I felt that it belonged more in the song request section.

As you can see already we are a helpful bunch here. Glad you've found the forum helpful and welcoming.

Now, I'm off to check out this song of yours and see if I can figure something out. I'll hopefully be in touch.

Cheers,

Al V

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

You Guys really move me
I just don't know how to say thanks.
Forgive me if this page is wet
A big thanks  AL V
Pastor Laurence

The song starts in A major the changes are A D Bm and E it modulates to Bb by way of a F first and follows Bb Eb Cm and F I have played along with the video and there are a few sus4th but they are not critical just use the chords given and you should be ok and any further help give a call smile

11 (edited by Russell_Harding 2009-11-06 18:16:29)

After singing along with it I think most will find it a little hard to reach the notes so here is a transposistion to a lower key G the chords are G C Am D and it modulates to A by way of a E chord first and the chords in A are A D Bm E with a few  A and D sus4th chords that are optional but I use them because they make the song sound better smile

Russell, You The Man smile

I gave it a listen and was hoping you would come to rescue, I woulda been pullin the few grey hairs I have left, gettin it down.

Welcome to forum Pastor, our friend Russell has a great ear and plays a mean guitar and bass smile

Later, Wayne P

Saved me the bother.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Leave It to an Irish Pastor to pick something Complicated.
But you gays are really Great.
Now I have to work out where all those chord positions go.
Think Ill'' stick to Jesus Loves Me This I Know.
Wasn't that a challange for some of you?
Pastor Laurence

The Words For Those Who Are Interested.

edited by moderator - lyrics removed. Please read the sticky post on top of this section. Posting copyrighted material on the forums is not permitted. topdown

Extreamly Sorry. Know the next time
Pastor Laurence

If it was easy, it wouldn't be fun.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

To be honest no,but I have been playing for over 45 years you can use open chords in the first posistion in the key of G if you use the modulation to A  the Bm chord is the hardest but not really to hard smile

PastorLaurence wrote:

Leave It to an Irish Pastor to pick something Complicated.
Wasn't that a challange for some of you?

PastorLaurence wrote:

Extreamly Sorry. Know the next time
Pastor Laurence

No problem PastorLaurence, I realize it was an innocent mistake. Back to your original question:

- I also searched the web for your song request without any luck. However, I did come across this site that you may find useful for other gospel tunes:  http://gospelmusic.org.uk/

- Your post seemed to be questioning how to find or search for a previous post. There are a few ways this can be accomplished:

1. At the top of the forum page (below the "Artists", Songs", etc. tabs) you will find a "Search" Button. Click on that and enter the key words you wish to search for and the forum posts with those words will appear.

2. If you post a question (i.e. song request) and want to be notified of the responses, at the bottom of the forum there is an option to "subscribe to this post". Check the box and you will be emailed when anyone responds to the topic. (This option can be easily turned off by un-checking the box)

3. And finally, you can search your old posts / topics by clicking on the "profile" button and under user activity you will see a link to "Show all posts". Clicking that will bring you to your previous posts and the threads in which the post was contained.

Hope that helped!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Topdown you are very gracious.

That is a wonderful site you gave me.
And all that Information about this site. 

Look Out Jimmy Hendrex Here Comes Laurence

Pastor some words to a song I wrote "if you get to heaven before I do leave the back door open for me,if they see me coming to them pearly gates they'll lock the door and throw away the key" it kind of sums it all up for me gonna need a little help put in a good word or two smile

PastorLaurence wrote:

Topdown you are very gracious.

That is a wonderful site you gave me.
And all that Information about this site. 

Look Out Jimmy Hendrex Here Comes Laurence

I think you mean Jimi Hendrix, RESPECT..............

Give everything but up.

Russell you don't need help. The words of that song says it all.
At the moment I am attempting to build a web site called www.try-jesus.org
I have only one page at the moment, Not very professional.
The reason I am telling you this. There is a free program from www.viddler.com
It is a program which allows you to make a video and upload it to You Tube.
You could Video yourself playing and singing that song and place it on the forum.
The thoughts which are in you, the door will be left open, you will get there.

SouthPaw41. Sorry for the error Jimmy-Jimi.. On my first post I admitted
I wasn't the best at spellng.I enquired if there was a spell check on here
I don't even know who Jimi Hendreix was I only know he was a great guitar player
I simply placed that there for a bit of humour. I'm sure everyone know who i meant.
Every Blessing
PastorLaurence

Pastor I used to have a Youtube account but keeping track of to many websites got to be a little to taxing on my time so I stick with myspace and facebook plus my favorite Chordie,and composing,recording,practice, and my other love Chess is enough to keep me busy (idle hands etc.) smile

the Jimi Hendrix humour was not lost on me.  I thought it very funny