Topic: Thank You, Old Doll !

Old Doll,

Introduced me to a song by Mary Gauthier  "The Last of the Hobo Kings"  and suggested I do a cover so I downloaded it from I-Tunes and listened to it many times, and gave it a try. I hope I didn't stray too far from the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvkIrg_Pj7I

Thank You ,

Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

Re: Thank You, Old Doll !

Great job Wayne smile Thats a whole lotta words to mesmerize in a short time.
Smooth Vox smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

great job, wlbaye.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hey Wayne ,
  That was great , I sure hope that you play out and get paid for it ...
                               Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Thanks,

Kap you are so right, that songs kinda like a rap song. I was using cue cards. Lena just sent it to me yesterday that's a whole lotta words for an old fellar, to member.

Later, Wayne P

I agree with GSE,

Id pay to listen to singing i can hear and understand.  Its so good to hear another sing this song. You done real good Sir. Im sure Miss Gaulthier would be pleased also.
Im pleased as i can see how you play and get the best from this song. Ill be copying to improve my version lol

Thank You" for taking up the challange,

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Nice one Wayne. Tried to record something yesterday for y/tube, a song I know pretty well. Gave up after about the 8th take, kept fluffing it!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic