Topic: Drop "D"

Hell-O Chordie People'
I'm looking for a list of songs that are done in Drop D tuning.
I am told that Nirvana has quite a few, but I am a 53 yr. old folk'n'country story teller, of mediocar guitar talents,  looking for something a little more in my genre. I have a bottem-end growlly voice that fits the sound of Drop D. Any-body with any contributions out there?
THANKS JOHNNY V.

Re: Drop "D"

I think Hank Williams Jr has a few. Not sure which ones though.

dfoskey wrote:

I think Hank Williams Jr has a few. Not sure which ones though.

I believe  "Country boy can Survive" is in drop d

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

It just so happens I am learning Copperhead Road by Steve Earle right now.  It's in Drop D and is a great song.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Check out John Denvers stuff, alot drop "D" songs.

"Swamp Witch" by Jim Stafford is drop D tuning.  And there are a few tunes by CS&N that use it as well.  "Daylight again" being one if memory serves me correctly.   Stephen Still seems to use it the most in his playing, unless my ears deceive me.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg