Topic: Sierra Guitars

I just purchased a Sierra Model SDS43 http://www.sierraguitars.net/guitars.cfm?ModelID=31
I really like it. Solid cedar top with laminate mahogany sides and back and neck.
The projection and tone is great.

I don't care for the sound of their electric/accustic models but the SDS43 is a great value.

"Every shortcut is a toll road"

Re: Sierra Guitars

Welcome to the forums!!

Congrats on the new guitar! I've seen their advertisements in Acoustic Guitar Magazine but have never had the oppertunity to try one first hand. I'm glad your pleased with it smile She looks great! I like the bridge design and other touches that make it stand apart visually from others. Would love to see some first hand pics wink -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Welcome to the Forum Tarpaprshack,

Glad to have you onboard, and I'm glad you liked the guitar, I've never seen one before, still haven't, the link on my end say's there is an error. But if Guitatpix says it'a nice one and you like it, thats good enough for me. Stay on the forums and join in, great people here, lots of help and advice, or maybe you can help others.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Really nice looking guitar there.  If it sounds half as good as it looks, you got a good deal.  I, also had not heard of them.  Welcome to Chordie.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

hello tarpaprshack,nice looking insterment it would get my motor running if I saw one at a guitar store,I would give it a trial to see how it sounds and feels.        dino

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks for the welcome.
I hope you guys can find a dealer in your area and check them out for yourself. You can get a real value for your $ because they are still trying to get into the market. Kinda like Takamine when they were first coming on the scene. Now lots of big names play them all the time and rely on them for a living.
I got an exceptional deal on mine. Because it was a new dealer ant an event I snaged the guitar, a Sierra gig bag, and sweet wood guitar stand and all for 300 + tax. I think the msrp is 426 on the instrument alone.

nice looking guitar

I don't see how to post pics directly here so I have put them on my blog.
http://tarpaprshack.blogspot.com/2009/1 … -with.html

years ago(in the 80's) i played with a guy who was a great pedal steel player. he had a double-top sierra and owned stock in the company and also was involved in the designing of them. must be the same company i assume? he has since passed away or else i would give him a shout,very much miss my friend and mentor.

Our intuitions serve us well