Topic: Peter Case 4th of July/Chrismas Rag by Peter Case

Just wanted to share this great song. I figured it out but I would recommend you all do the same if you like it...just a CGF song but you'll have to figure out the lyrics on your own like me since I could not find them anywhere...worth the effort though. From the Album - Peter Case with David Perales and called Thank You St. Jude

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

2 (edited by Old Doll 2009-09-18 18:34:48)

Re: Peter Case 4th of July/Chrismas Rag by Peter Case

Hi jets ,

I smiled to myself when i seen the name of this CD. When we were small in school we were all taught the St Judes prayer.
Its a prayer said for nine days to achieve the request you ask for. This prayer achieves so much, that we believe it would "cook your dinner for you" if requested lol
So here's a link. I kid you not when i tell you i know the lady mentioned here very well for many many years. My best friend married Margarets brother. He only called yesterday to see how i was. She,[ Margaret] had at one time in life a mansion of a home with kidney shaped swimming pools. First woman i ever knew with a water bed. She had chuck wagons everywhere, her husband also was  very successful.  All appeared wonderful for years.  Allegedly her husband took to gambling and other bad  stuff. They lost all they had. She eventually left and found herself destitute. This is  snippet of what happened when she prayed to St Jude.

Date: 1/1998.101
Title: Margaret Burke's Prayers Answered

Burke, a destitute mother of three, had gone to St. Jude's Roman Catholic Church in Rochester, New York, everyday praying for help. On her ninth day there — when prayers such as hers are to be answered according to Roman Catholic belief — she found $10,000 at the foot of a statue of St. Jude. Believing the money was a miracle from heaven she took it, paid her bills, fixed her car, and got an apartment for her family.
According to the pastor of the church, the money was left by a parishioner as an anonymous donation for answered prayer. When police discovered that Burke had taken the money, she was charged with grand larceny.
Realizing that Burke had acted out of faith, church officials went to court to have the charges dropped.
Putting aside any question concerning the wisdom of Margaret Burke's actions, we do have to admire her faith in God and her belief in the power of prayer. How I wish that all of us, like Margaret Burke, would expect the Lord to hear and answer our prayers.

Margaret, Jets  did come back to live in Dublin for some years, but returned to the United states to live. I hope where ever she is now
St Jude is still looking after her. She was the prettiest woman and a hoot to have around. I always thought she looked like a white Diana Ross.
So thats my wee St jude story . True all true. Now i may go and get the cd to see what revelations it holds.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !