Topic: "LIVIN ON THE EDGE"

I have been meaning to get around to writing some lyrics for this since last year,the past few days I did finely finish and record, the instrumental part you may recognize but it takes on a different feeling with lyrics its on my website give a listen when you can smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: "LIVIN ON THE EDGE"

You rock, Russ! Not bad at all. very non run of the mill

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

thank you Selso,this was a lot of fun recording I just aint ready to mellow out yet when the spiriit moves ya just gotta let it go where it takes you smile

The song is fairly easy to follow but the tuning is lower then 440 about a half step smile

LIVIN ON THE EDGEby Russell Harding

Intro E A E D C B E

Verse

[E]Livin on the edge of reality, I was Just a stones throw from insanity

backed up in a corner and I knew I couldn't win I was running out of

choices and the odds were getting thin

[A]taking junk to get me up and then to bring me down I was

heading for disaster and I couldn't turn around

[E]when you hit the bottom and there ain't nowhere to go

you better hold on tight put a knot in the rope

[D]hold on tight or [C]lose your [B]life you [E]know

verse (same chords as verse 1)

My brain it was on fire and about to explode, I was racing with

the devil on a dead end road, snorting and a popping everything

there was in sight, riding in the fast lane to the after life

innocence I lost when I was seventeen to a painted lady in a limousine

at a drive in movie that we never got to see,fogging up the windows

we were cooking up the steam

[D]hold on tight or [C]lose your [B]life you [E]know

solo

repeat 1st verse and fade

Great work as always. Very Rocking tune....you beat up that strat pretty good on that one!!!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Geo I think I beat up my vocal chords a little but thats normal lol I think its good for your health to rock out, kind of like exercise gets the energy moving and it makes you feel good thanks for your comments rock on!!! smile

Nice guitar work Russ. I like your mixture of tones, texture, and styles ( clean, dirty, whammy madness, pinch harmonics, and melodic scalin' all wrapped up nicely in one groovy tune!).  Well done Russ..

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Hey Toney "madness" lol yea I guess there was a little of that,  I appreciate your comments some of the leads were kinda swift all the scale practice pays off I did try to mix it up with respects to tones and tecnique thanks again I'm working on another tune thats a little slower but funky just have to write one more verse and lay the tracks seems when ideas come they come in bunches take care russ

hi russell this is what we're here for to rock our boots,that was awsome,you really socked it to us,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

How could you Russell !

I was listening to your song on myspace, when my screen went blank ? I thought you had blown my gasket lol
I just ran out of power, hadn't got it plugged to mains.
Geez that certainly put a pep in my step. Well done to you, ya never lost it sir.

Maith an fear. [ Good Man } Keep on rocking.

Ps Thanks for your email earlier. I will get around to answering soon. Busy with a bridezilla lol But the sunflowers are magic to work with.

Thanks also for the wake up.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Nice to hear daddycool yea it kind of moved along a wee bit I guess old is a state of mind so stay young at heart and keep cranking out your songs thanks again smile

daddycool wrote:

hi russell this is what we're here for to rock our boots,that was awsome,you really socked it to us,well done....stay cool

I seem to have that effect on the ladies they all seem to go to sleep lol its really good to lhear from you and see you posting on Chordie we all missed your input my lady thank you for your comments Bridezilla? sounds like a tough customer to please lol

Old Doll wrote:

How could you Russell !

I was listening to your song on myspace, when my screen went blank ? I thought you had blown my gasket lol
I just ran out of power, hadn't got it plugged to mains.
Geez that certainly put a pep in my step. Well done to you, ya never lost it sir.

Maith an fear. [ Good Man } Keep on rocking.

Ps Thanks for your email earlier. I will get around to answering soon. Busy with a bridezilla lol But the sunflowers are magic to work with.

Thanks also for the wake up.

Old Doll.

What can I say amazing,I really like this one. smile

Trevor

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

Thanks Trevor glad ya liked it I got another I will be working on later tomorrow keep on rockin smile

ctech wrote:

What can I say amazing,I really like this one. smile

Trevor

What can I say russell, you keep on bringing us some great sounding tunes,and this one is super!!!   dino

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Dino thanks all the comments have really made my day and I am pleased to hear yours I really enjoyed putting this together the lyrics were composed in a day and I was reading them as I was singing into the recorder luckly I did all the tracks in one take mixed it and uploaded that evening I am working on another and have a pretty good idea what its going to be thanks again for your comments smile

You just get better and better my friend great number.
Rock on Russ
well done
ark

Thank you Ark I love to rock theres no age limit hope all is well with you smile

It's gotta feel pretty good to write a tune like this, eh Russ. Funny when the lyrics flow you know it's gonna turn out to be a good piece.
Great job on the mix (as usual) big_smile
Well Done Sir Russ

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Kenny thanks yea it feels good sometimes the lyrics can be the hardest part but it went pretty smooth with this one thanks again for the comments smile

KAP54 wrote:

It's gotta feel pretty good to write a tune like this, eh Russ. Funny when the lyrics flow you know it's gonna turn out to be a good piece.
Great job on the mix (as usual) big_smile
Well Done Sir Russ

Kenny

Just got around to listening to this one russ...You let your hair down on that one..lol...I like it!