Re: Goodbye Billy Walker (NOW RECORDED)

Fáilte Kapa,

2 windows opened here, one to listen, one to read the lyrics.  Wow,  you" krazy Canuk" this is fantastic .

It has a great story line as well as a really evocative recording. Its sooooooooooooo good.

Wish i got writers block like you do lol So very well done, Take a bow, a well earned one.

Great work Sir, Thank you for the pleasure recieved while listening to it.

Keep well health wise, and keep writing.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi Kenny
After reading all the positive comments on your song I was expecting something good:)
and yep I was right..
Great recording on this good song vocals, guitar and keyboard all well mixed and balanced.
I think you have made great improvement in your recording.
well done
ark

Hi Kenny,

Prime cut Prine, Kenny, you old son of a trail horse !!

This is great - it tells a story, talks about friendship, gets sad, maudlin - yet keeps it's tail up and the listener interested.  Brilliant !

Just shows that a song can be about anything and anybody. There's no songwriter yet been jailed for what they wrote in a song.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

hi kenny...respect, respect.

i loved the words and story line....but the recording...wow knocked me out!

first impression....dylan meets paul simon meets the byrds add john prine. not copied not imitated pure kenny and totally brilliant.

your finger picking sounded great to me, as did the harmony vocals. this should be out there on general release making you money, that's my opinion and i'd buy it twice!

you've come to the bridge you've taken the first step, now walk on, the world is yours.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi Lena big_smile
It's real good to hear from you big_smile  Thank You for taking the time out for a read and listen. I always enjoy reading your positive comments. You have a very unique way of relating positive thoughts, which for me keeps me wanting to write more.

Thank You Again big_smile
Krazy Kapa in Kanada

Hey Ark big_smile
I have to say Thank You to you. The improvements come from advice given by you and Phill and Russ and Roger and the list goes on. What a great, friendly board this is.
Yup...you were right...when recording always record using headphones.The sound is so much gooder and you can hear what's actually going on. big_smile
Thanks my friend.

Kenny

Hi Strans
Thanks for the awesome review. big_smile  This old son of a trail horse has been humbled by a wordsmith such as yourself.
Thank You Again big_smile
Kenny

Howdy Doody Phill my Good Mate from across the eastern waters.

Respect, Respect, Right back at you.
It really does mean a ton to me that this piece has struck a chord with you. It tells me I'm not a hack and that I can conjure up emotions with my writing style. I don't plan on making any money but............. I'll sleep good tonight my Welsh Friend. big_smile

Thank You Again and I hope all is finding you and your family well.  big_smile

Kenny in Kanada

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

hello again kenneth?

i've had a bizzy few weeks and the next few will also be hectic, i've been popping in from time to time when i've had a moment, and when i saw you had posted this song i had to have a listen, and then comment.

sorry to all the other contributors that i haven't had time to comment on, but kenny is a big mate and this is a big song, big big song!

so i'm off to benidorm on wednesday [that's spain] for two weeks, so this will be my last visit till october! it's a hard life...

keep em rollin` kenny da kowboy from kanada

yechid dda

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Right Arm Phill big_smile
You and the misses have a great time in Spain. We expect pictures and a video.

Kowboy Kenny in Kanada

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Kapa,

Ive listened to this song all night here on my pc. I have nearly learned  all the lyrics  now.

This is a keeper. I love picking tunes, and this is so good to play.

Thank you again.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Ken...in a word.... brilliant

Recording was top notch as well but I think that song would have shone through a bad mix

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Hi ken, I really like your song alot,it has some great lyrics and chords.you really seemed too use alot of imagination too put this all toghter,keep up the good "work" ?       dino

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Nice job Ken! That was really an amazing tune.  I for sure hear the JP influence.

Brother pal , please let me know if you're ever in my neck of the woods ( west coast Florida, Tampa area, you have my e-mail) for whatever reason. I've  got a mixer( and a sweet sounding PA) with a few channels that have your name taped on it.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

37 (edited by KAP54 2011-01-23 16:45:42)

Hi geo big_smile
Thank You for the listen and comments. Writing something that touches someone is indeed a humbling experience.
Thanks So Much
Kenny

Hi Dino big_smile
I appreciate the comments my friend. As you say it can't be "work?" if you are doing something you love to do.
Gracias
Kenny

Hi Toney big_smile
Thank You my friend for the kind words and the invite. You can count on it if I ever get your way.
I'm hoping you'll let me know if your ever in my neck of the woods. I may not have the mixer or the PA but I got my axe and a fridge full of wobbly pops with your name on them.

Thanks Again

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I love it, Kenny. Look forward to playing it myself.

Shady

[url]www.freerice.com[/url]

39 (edited by KAP54 2009-09-20 15:19:18)

Hi Shady,
It's a real simple piece to play. I'm glad you liked it. big_smile

Kenny

I have opened a soundclick account and I will be posting my songs there also. It seems to load faster and is less of a hassle. Also it has an unlimited songcount.
As a lark I called my band lol Ta-Daa
Any previous recordings are remixed for this site.

http://www.soundclick.com/TaDaa

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hey Kenny - Now I remember this one. Very different song from California Bound but both are great songs.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hi cj-5 smile

Thank you for the listen and kind words. Sorry about not being able to find it as I took down the Myspace link and haven't gotten around to putting up the Soundclick link. I'm real embarrassed by my recordings and cringe when I hear them. sad

Writing songs comes from the heart. I'll bet you have it in you if you don't force it. Looking forwards to reading/hearing your songs here. smile

Cheers

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Awesome Ken....always like your stuff...high quality in all respects....thanks for sharing.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Hey geo smile
Thank You kindly my friend. It's a good thing when I hear what I hear in my head works. (If that makes any sense)

Thanks Again and thanks Jeff for bringing it back up. smile

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Ken good listen, enjoyed it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman