51 (edited by badeye 2009-06-18 23:22:03)

Re: Cooking thread...

Eh. weekend breakfast food with some crisry bacon.. mmmmmmm

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

Heya Badeye,

We call them oxeye eggs in this neck of the woods, I like to get them browned on each side then put more butter on and then peanut butter and smother it with maple syrup mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Later, Wayne P

badeye wrote:

Eh. weekend breakfast food with some crisry bacon.. mmmmmmm

Badeye   cool

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....bacon, I love bacon, I could eat it all day. <drool>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

wlbaye wrote:

Heya Badeye,

We call them oxeye eggs in this neck of the woods, I like to get them browned on each side then put more butter on and then peanut butter and smother it with maple syrup mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Oh my heart attack. mmmmmm sounds good.  lol

badeye  cool

one caper after another

Here's an easy one!
  Take a smoked sausage or hot dog,slice it length wise but not all the way through, so it's like a hot dog bun.
  Slice some pepper jack cheese (or whatever kind you like)1/2"x1/2"x length of dog, lay it in the dog
  Lay sausage or dog diagonally on a buttered slice of your favorite bread
  Place 6 or 8 of these on a cookie sheet
  Broil for 3 or 4 minutes  cool

Ron

Toasted peanut butter and banana sandwich, the secret is not to crush the toast, tasty.

badeye    cool

one caper after another

Don't crush the toast, really?  Never thought it could matter. I'll give that a try.

Ron

ITS ALIVE AALLLLLLIIIIIIVVVEEEE

I don't have a good quote so I'm quoting myself... ok I'm done

anyone got the munchies.

badeye  cool

one caper after another

Stuffed cucumber salad bites;

Cut cucumber into 1 1/2 inch slices
Carefully trim the skin off outer edges( if desired )
Hollow out the center of cucumber using a small hollowing spoon( as to form a bowl). Do not puncture the bottom!!! Some chefs steam the cucumbers for a few minutes,post hollowing,  I prefer them totally raw.

**Cube (very small cubes 1/8") mozzarella cheese,
mince green onions, green olives and carrots, add olive oil, course salt and fresh cracked pepper, mix these ingredients thoroughly**

Loosely fill hollowed cucumbers with mixed ingredients, add a small topping of your favourite salad dressing,and finally, top with a crisp mini-crouton.

I made this dish last night for the family. We normally have a plain ole tossed salad before our main course. ( last nights meal was grilled salmon, fresh green beans, and cous cous) I felt like trying something different and we all loved it. I had to make my wifes seperate because she doesn't like olives. I had 6 of 'em but could've devoured 106 if I had made 'em. This is something that one could add fresh tuna or salmon. Kinda like a garden fresh tar tar dish. Hhhmmmm, I just gave meself an idea for our next family dinner........

Give everything but up.

Are1222 wrote:

Well as long as it's not bursting out of your chest, you should be Ok.  ;-)

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

ozymandias wrote:
Are1222 wrote:

well i actually was refering to keeping this thread up there on the forums so people will keep posting these awsome recipes but it defintly could have been taken that way tongue  smile

ozymandias wrote:
Are1222 wrote:

Alive and hungry from all the great ideas bieng posted, Hey South Paw that one I'm gonna try.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

Thanks, it's nice to see that somebody got the humor in that.  :-)

ozymandias wrote:

Thanks, it's nice to see that somebody got the humor in that.  :-)

Nothing wrong with a bit of humor, makes the day go by better. Anyone like a chocalate coated rice crispie square, early I know, but it's fun food.

Badeye   cool   cool

one caper after another

Ok, I'm feeling better, got some stuff done that had been bugging me and now it's time for the:

STEVE'S MIGHTY MEATY MEATLOAF.

First and foremost get yourself 2 1/2 to 3 pounds of lean hamburger.  It's not meaty or MEATloaf unless you go with more than the recipe says.  Unless you like meat tasting bread.

In a large bowl add the meat, get the hamburger all spread out nicely.

Add: 2 eggs

1 envelope onion soup mix

3/4 cup plain or seasoned bread crumbs (your choice)

3/4 cup Vegetable juice (this is where I deviate from the recipe)

1/3 cup water

Now, with your hands or use vinyl medical gloves.  Start blending and squeezing everything together thoroughly.  I use vinyl medical gloves to ensure safe cooking and I hate getting my hands all gunked up anyway.  Once everything is thoroughly blended and it looks and feels nice and cohesive.  Put it in a LARGE baking or roasting pan  and mold it into a nice loaf shape.  Preheat oven to 350-375 degrees.   Place in oven UNCOVERED for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until done.  If you have a meat thermometer, it should read 160-170 degrees internally.  When done let stand 10 minutes before serving. 

Now meatloaf is a very flexible dish, if you like peppers, onions, scallions, or whatever type of vegetable go ahead and add it to suit your tastes.  The recipe says ketchup, but, I found vegetable juice is better for my tastes.  Now a friend of mine adds her favorite BBQ sauce into the mix rather than ketchup or veggie juice.  And it does taste pretty good.  If you don't want to cook such a large amount, make mini loaves and bake them for a shorter time.  Cooked meatloaf keeps well in the fridge or you can freeze it for later.  Cover with gravy or sauce of your choice or plain and enjoy.

Want to keep this thread alive

IM just keeping this thread alive... smile

Thanks but, it may be a quixotic effort!  lol

quixotic?

As in Don Quixote tilting at windmills.  A valiant effort at keeping this thread alive, but alas, it seems this thread is fading quickly.

Grilled Corn On The Cob.

I pull back the husks and sprinkle some  Tony Sachere's seasoning on there, replace the husk and wrap in tin foil  and grill for about 20 minutes , flipping it every 5 minutes or so.
Even frozen corn with no husks comes out so good I don't even butter it.
I use Tony Sachere's on most everything I grill.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Sounds tasty, they do the same idea for an old fashioned clam bake.  That is everything is slow cooked together in a pit.  And whats a clam/lobster feast without freshly cooked corn on the cob.  YUM

Foil Baked/Steamed/Grilled Tofu & veggies

-In aluminum foil packs cover bottom layer with a little olive oil,
-Place tofu( uncooked) cubes in foil, drizzle additional olive oil on tofu.
-Season tofu with fresh cracked pepper, kosher salt, a squeeze or two from  fresh lime, and smoked paprika.
-Sautee onions, garlic, yellow sqaush, and zuchinni in olive oil, place in foil pouch on top of the tofu, lightly reseason veggies( easy on the salt!).
-Fold the foil packet so minimal air escapes.
-Place foil pouch on the grill over low/medium heat for approximatly 20 minutes.

Serve over wild or brown rice with a huge jug of beer on the side, DELICIOUSO !!!

Give everything but up.

75 (edited by badeye 2009-08-13 23:31:09)

Badeye's Spaggeti Supreme

Take left over spagetti and meatballs and do a caserol with cheese'

Place cooked spagetti in caserol dish,

Cut cooked meatballs in half and place with spagetti sauce on top,

Place two cups grated cheddar cheese on top,

Bake in oven for 40 to 60 minutes at 375 degrees or till cheese gets little crisp.

Very tasty way to do left over spegetti and meatballs.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another