Topic: blues fest

Just secured camp site and tickets for the Fifth Annual Dutch Mason Blues Fest in Truro, Nova
Scotia,august 7th,8th,and 9th. The lineup this year includes, Colin James, Kenny Wayne Shepperd, Rick Derringer,James Cotton, Jimmy Vaughan, Shemika Copeland,Tutu Jones,Sue Foley,Down Child Blues Band{one if my favorites}, Matt Minglewood Band, Dr. Hook, Fathead, The Twisters, Garret Mason Blues Band, also the maritime BBQ cookoff, custome motorbike show, and acoustic showcases all weekend.  Should be a great time again this year as Dutch's love of the blues lives on. 

Badeye     Too cool

one caper after another

Re: blues fest

Sounds like a great place to be.  If I were only closer.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Sounds great man! Sure you'll have a blast! Our local blues festival is this weekend in Wilmington. Concerts & workshops all day today and tomorrow and then tomorrow night we have a huge all night party/open mic at the "Rusty Nail"  I'll be useless monday morning smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Guitarpix wrote:

Sounds great man! Sure you'll have a blast! Our local blues festival is this weekend in Wilmington. Concerts & workshops all day today and tomorrow and then tomorrow night we have a huge all night party/open mic at the "Rusty Nail"  I'll be useless monday morning smile

I hear ya Pix, I usually take an extra day off work to recoup. It's the most fun all summer.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

How was the festival?

6 (edited by badeye 2009-08-11 12:05:24)

Wow what a great time we had. Had too take an extra day from work to recoup. Fior three days the bands started at 12 noon and went till 12 midnite, there was an afterhour jam on site that usually ended up around 3 to 4 am, and of course guitar jams till the sun came up in the campsite that was only a five minute walk to the concert site. We caught first hand some real
ledgens of the blues and of course I was at the front of the stage for all. Jimmie Vaughn, James Cotton, Matt Minglewood and Kenny Wayne Sheperd were hilites for me but a blues lady
called Shemika Copeland blew me away with her powerful blues voice and pro stage apperance [hope she's back next year] .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKA4u3NJPY8

Already secures our campsite for next year, can't wait.

Badeye  cool

Foot Note - my wife just woke up, she lost her voice. ahhh  quiet week,  lol

one caper after another