Topic: ridin the bus

Any of you ever had to take the bus?, we live in a rural area, the bus run every two hours each way.

I take the ole bus,
It stops here and there,
You can pick blueberries off the side.

It comes around ten,
every day,
It really is a nice ride.

It picks up people,
Who live here and there,
The roads are a rough ride,

Shakes up your kidneys,
Bumps you around,
Till you got a pain in your side.

Badeye    cool

one caper after another

Re: ridin the bus

Hi Badeye,

"Till you got a pain in your side"

I couldn't have resisted "backside".

Herself and a mate went down to Dublin to see U2 (they were on the guest list somehow) on Friday last. They were supposed to get the bus, but ended up going by car and almost missing the start of the concert.

The oldest with his girlfriend went the next night by bus. It's a 24 hour service and apparently the queues were out the door an round the back for the return to Belfast. Apparently, it was all dead romantic though.

This reminded me of a line in a song by Guy Clarke -

"The shortest distance between two towns / Is riding in a Limo with the window down."

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

oh yes! done a lot of bus ridin' in my time. but i still love the smell of leather and diesel and rubber you used to get from the old buses back in the 50's.  give me a "Guy" or an "AEC" any time.
The buses in Turkey are interesting as their called "dolmus" which apparently means stuffed, which they frequently are.

nice writing, the poems are getting more varied now which is great, not just love and death

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks Stransongs and Phill, nice to get feedback.

taks care.. Badeye  cool

one caper after another