Topic: OLD DOGS NEED LOVIN TOO THE RECORDING

I uploaded a recording of the video by useing the loop station data and added a slide guitar and vocal it helped haveing all the tracks pre mixed give a listen when you have a few secs smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: OLD DOGS NEED LOVIN TOO THE RECORDING

Hi Russ
Got a real bluesy sound going there nice. Sounds like the loop pedal has got some real potential...
ark

That's a kickin', funky little song there, Russell.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

Ark thanks I feel that there are a lot of genres I can play in but playing the blues feels the most natural and I feel really at ease with the loop pedal smile

StranSongs it was just a jam that turned into a song, seems most songs that are fun wind up that way thanks for the comment smile

hi russell that was a brilliant recording,great song,loved it......stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Daddycool thanks for the kind words smile

Pretty darn good , Russ. really liked that slide
Selso

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

nice to hear selso the Dobro slide is a lot of fun to play I sometimes spend a few hours just picking out melodies or lead licks a few times a week I love it smile

selso wrote:

Pretty darn good , Russ. really liked that slide
Selso

hi russ,

great tracks my maan! hear the harmonizer too, the dobro is excellent, and the vocals, the rhythm was smoking! loved the arrangement, so i guess you can say...i liked it, seriously though, very good, into a bit of a blues groove at the moment i think?

while i was on your web, i had a listen to the other tracks too, i still like "dark star" as it has a kind of innocence? is that the word, any way you keep going from strength to strength.. live long and prosper my colonial friend.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks a bunch Phill I go thru several genres (trying to find one to stick with) the blues seem the most natural could be the age thing lol I think your referring to "Invisible star" the song with just acoustic and vocal,since I got the bass it opens up a lot of possibilities with my songs and adds a new dimension along with a good solid rhythm backing the loop station works as a pre mixing funtion also as I actually hear all the parts before I feed the information into my digital recorder on two tracks, I've noticed Ark you and myself seem to compose songs around the same time must be a lunar cycle lol thanks again for your comments smile 

Phill Williams wrote:

hi russ,

great tracks my maan! hear the harmonizer too, the dobro is excellent, and the vocals, the rhythm was smoking! loved the arrangement, so i guess you can say...i liked it, seriously though, very good, into a bit of a blues groove at the moment i think?

while i was on your web, i had a listen to the other tracks too, i still like "dark star" as it has a kind of innocence? is that the word, any way you keep going from strength to strength.. live long and prosper my colonial friend.

phill

"I've noticed Ark you and myself seem to compose songs around the same time must be a lunar cycle"

Some kind of lyrical lycanthropy ?

Stransongs this is a wiki replication of lycanthropy are you saying were lyrical werewolves lol
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b9/Loup-garou.jpg aooooooh lol

13 (edited by arkady 2009-07-27 17:23:22)

StranSongs
Some kind of lyrical lycanthropy..... lol
and I just thought I needed a shave...
Sorry Russ to highjack your thread...
ark

"Stransongs this is a wiki replication of lycanthropy are you saying were lyrical werewolves "

If the hairshirt fits . . . !!!

WEREWOLVES.COM  is this a new site or what?

sorry "invisible star"...old age creeping up rapidly, maybe you should change it to "dog star?"

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.