Topic: Leaving

This song was written in1975, so after digging it out i recorded it using just a piano backing.

Leaving.Undefined

[D] I was prepared for [Dmaj7] falling in love.

I had [G] thought it all out, [Gm] planned for our future.

I had [D] given it all the [Bm] planning it needed for [G] happiness.-[A]

[D] Those months ago, when [Dmaj7] we were so fresh.

[G] Getting together, but [Gm] making a mess.

Of our [D] seperate lives.

[G] Prepared for falling in [Bb] love.

But not for you.

[D] Leaving, [F#m] going away.

[G] Making a new life, [E] please wont you [A] stay.

[G] Leaving, [Bb] how can you [C] leave me this [D] way.

[D] Here I am lonely, [Dmaj7] cried all last night.

[G] Cant help these tears when I [Gm] think of you smiling.

When [D] we were together.

When [Bm] we laughed [G] together.-[Bb-C]

[F] I was prepared for [Fmaj7] falling in love.

I had [Bb] thought it all out, [Bbm] planned for the future.

[F] Prepared for [Faug] falling in [Dm] love.

But [C] not for you.

[F] Leaving, [Am] going away.

[Bb] Making a new life, [G] please wont you [C] stay.

[Ab] Leaving, wont [Cm] you change your mind.

Please [Db] turn around, and [Bb] say it's [Eb] alright.

[Abm] Leaving, [B] how can you [Db] leave me this [Eb] way?

Words and Music By Phill Williams. 23rd July 1975.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Leaving

I've up-loaded this song and a few others to Soundclick, ckick on the link below, then click on my name under the photo....it usually works for me anyway. I'd like to hear what you all think.

N JOYUM

Phill

Quite a nice song there Phill I like the chord changes and the arrangment your vocals as usual are a unique voice there was a little trailoff on the end of "leave me this way" and it could be just me but the vocal needed more highs but my hearing is suspect there are frequencies (high) I dont hear to well so its most likely that the bottom line is I like all your songs and I will have to add this one well done Phill smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

hi phill great recordings and a  varied selection of instruments well done,keep them coming.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hey Phil - thanks for the return of the Pale Horseman.

"Leaving" is damn complex - don't know how you can remember it. Have you been playing it since 1975 ?

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

Phill Williams wrote:

I've up-loaded this song and a few others to Soundclick, ckick on the link below, then click on my name under the photo....it usually works for me anyway. I'd like to hear what you all think.

N JOYUM

Phill

Works for me to phill.... smile
Must say I enjoyed listening to them all.
Thanks for sharing and well done.
Got hold of Azincourt yet...
ark

That was pretty cool. really liked the piano on this one.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

thanks all,

hi selso,

my piano playing [like my guitar playing] is pretty basic, but i'll make any noise i need to, to cover my voice [which i hate] yikes

hi ark,

thanks, glad i've finally managed to access soundclick so everyone can have a listen. [and laugh] no i haven't even looked for azincourt yet, i'd forgotten all about it until you mentioned it, so i'll pop into smiths this afternoon to see if i can get hold of it. wink

hi stransongs,

always happy to oblige my friend, to be honest i'd forgotten how pale horseman sounded my self, and i thought the recording was very iffy.

leaving...basically with my old stuff, i just dig them out now and again, plump them up give a 12000 mile service, then stick them back to bed till next time! hmm

hi robert,

thanks for that ,yeah, i got a bit fed-up with overdubbing and i've tried to go with just one or two dubs, giving the songs a kind of demo feel, i think? leaving plenty of room for interpretation. cool

hi russ,

on the trail off, i probably ran out of breath  roll

thanks again for your complimentary comments

phill

Hi Phill

This is the first song I came across before joining,I really like this song,does it for me,i love the chord changes and the lyrics.
It was a pleasure to listen to. Keep them coming.

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!