Topic: The band RUSH

Is this band one of the "major league" players? I only know that they are active since a very long time.
When I listened to some of there songs it is as if a woman is singing.
Here in Europe I believe that RUSH is not known very welln so who can give me more information about this band?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: The band RUSH

Rush are a internationally very very succesful band. I would think they would sell out in any country and venue they play in.

they have done a few world tours and I bet every place was sold out.

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Rush is a Canadian Band that has been around since the seventies and have had a huge following at home and abroad.Getty Lee is the lead singer and the sound of his voice makes my skin crawl like fingers on a chalk board so I can honestly say I know little about them other than they are Canadian. smile

Sorry I can't give you more Doc

Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

They're canadian, and they're a progressive rock band who moved into a very heavy synth sound in the 80s that turned the music into mush. Prior to that, they were just ok - like Yes. They're another of those bands you don't know why they exist or who likes them, but there's a bunch of secretive Rush fans lurking amongst us who will slip off for a night, not tell you where they're going, and then you get a knock on the door at 3am in the morning with the police holding up a very beaten up friend of yours wearing a Rush t shirt and suddenly it all makes sense....

Doc,
If you're not familiar with Rush you should definitely check them out. Very talented, underrated band. They did fall into sort of a synth sound in the 90's but listen to 2112. Very, very accomplished stuff.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Rush is an awesome power trio. Geddy Lee inspired a whole lot of bass players, from metallica to Les Claypool.  I'd agree with Geoaguiar in saying their very underrated. Neal Pert is one of the most skilled drummers Ive ever heard.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I wouldnt call Neil Pert a drummer, he is a fabulous percussionist, he can do everything behind all that stuff, truelly an amazing musician.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

geoaguiar, I believe I found dozens of RUSH songs.
They are great, but Europe? Heard of ****

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Doc,
Europe the band? Don't really remember them???? But what little I do remember is not with fondness. I was never a fan of that "pretty metal" phase that took place in the 80's and 90's. Were they part of that?I don't consider myself a metal fan but I have great respect for some of better bands even though I don't care for genre as a whole. Was Europe one of those "super bands" made up of players from other bands like Damn Yankees and GTR? Not my thing

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello