Topic: How many numbers longer than 10 MINUTES became famous?

In the 60ties and 70ties a number or a hit was 2 - 4 minutes long but of course every rule has his exception so I wander how many numbers became great hits and were longer than 10 minutes.
I am able to name a few like
1) IRON BUTTERFLY with In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. (17 minutes)
2) RUSH with the song 2112 (20:33 minutes) in 1976
3) PACIFIC GAS & ELECTRIC with ARE YOU READY but I am not sure about this. Did they have 2 versions?
4) LED ZEPPELIN with IN MY TIME OF DYING
5) DEEP PURPLE with CHILD IN TIME ( The story of this song should be based on 'Bombay Calling' van de Amerikaanse band It's A Beautiful Day uit 1969)

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: How many numbers longer than 10 MINUTES became famous?

YES INDEED AN AMAZING DISCOVERY = GO TO YOUTUBE AND SEARCH BOMBAY CALLING by the AMERICAN BAND " IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY" song from 1969
LISTEN AND GIVE YOUR OPINION.
I couldn't believe my ears.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hello Doc, yes they made some beautiful music,check out " White Bird" one of the most beautiful songs ever recorded. They were a little differnt than  most rock bands and I don't think they got the credit they deserved.

Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

Free Bird runs 12 minutes I think....

All You Need is Love smile

as far as I am led to believe through documentaries ( if i listened properly ,lol) The Who's " wont get fooled again" was the first single to be over 10 minutes that entered the charts.

It might be wrong or maybe fisr to enter the british charts? I dont knw,
but  that song is over 10 minutes.

Also not a single but pink floyd's " echoes" Not too sure exactly how long but it was one side of the album medal lasts for 23 minutes

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Ah, yes, White Bird has always been a favorite of mine.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

The Doors . . . . "Roadhouse Blues"

jesus of suburbia by green day(the official vid) is 12 mins but that was never a major hit i dont think(i was 9 at the time so i cant remenber)

the secret to happiness is contained in a guitar

I did some more research and PINK FLOYD'S ECHOES IS 23 minutes.

How long is Bat Out of Hell, is that longer than 10? I can't remember.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Estranged by Guns and Roses went a little over 10 minutes i thing. It was off their Use Your Illusions album but never was very popular i don't think. Even though i thought it was one of their best from that album.

alvee33 wrote:

How long is Bat Out of Hell, is that longer than 10? I can't remember.

Al was that not 9 minutes and 58 seconds? lol doesnt count lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

sad

I've been working on a campfire acoustic version. Man, that could last a good 2 hours lol

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

marquee moon by television is nearly 11 minutes

"In a mad world it is the mad who are sane" Craig Nicholls

If you have the time to listen to the lyrics this one cracks me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_7C0QGkiVo

First that comes to mind is Free Bird! wink Amazing guitar solos at the end!

"Mountain Jam", a live jam by the Allman Brothers, is long enough that it covered 2 sides of an LP, or about 40 minutes.  It's their cover of Donovan's "There Is A Mountain."