Topic: I shot the sheriff but I didn't shoot the deputy

This isn't related with prison, but about songs.
- Bob Marley: great song but I don't understand what he means.
- Rappers: "anti-police"..
As well what is the difference between a SHERIFF and a POLICEMAN, STATE TROOPERS, FBI.
Why is a sheriff elected, and can people as Russell, or UYK (he is already king) or Roger Guppy or me, be elected?

Is there still a "rappers-war"between East and West? 
How many bands sing about this subject?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: I shot the sheriff but I didn't shoot the deputy

Well the sheriff was on the take and was pushing a bad rap on Bob... The deputy was a straight up dude and wouldn't stand for it so the sheriff shot him. Bob struggled with the sheriff and ended up shooting him in self defence... But they where trying to pin both murders on him to keep the sheriffs name clear. smile

In truth though, Sheriff was another way of saying Justice ,according to Marley. So I guess he was saying that he was against the law system but not the people that were "just doing their jobs"...

Policeman handle the towns/cities
State troopers handle the highways laws and DOT Enforcement
Sheriffs and deputies handle mainly domestic calls in their jurisdiction

Anyone with BLET (Basic Law Enforcement Training) can run for the office of Sheriff.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9061

same question

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

4 (edited by crowellb 2009-07-10 03:40:59)

Pix is right that there are certain requirements to run for a county sheriff position. At least that's true in MN...pretty sure that's true in all states. Most police cheifs around my area are appointed, but many larger cities have elected police cheifs...not sure if they have requirements but I would assume they would. Many counties in MN have auditors (cheif financial officers for the county) that are elected but there are no requirements to run for the position. So a guy like me who can't even keep his checkbook balanced could run for county auditor and manage millions of dollars for the county...makes sense doesn't it?

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda