Topic: Difference between limewire and pandora

I saw in a another topic Guitarpix didn't like lime wire, I agree, but use Pandora. what exactly is the difference?

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Re: Difference between limewire and pandora

I've never used pandora but ,from what I understand, it's basically an online radio station. You can listen to pretty much anything there for free but I don't think you can actually download them for cd burning or mp3. Limewire is a sharing site were people illegally download music, computer programs, movies and such.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

i see, so you cant actually "take" anything from Pandora. I have tried limewire but never made it past the set up stage

Reverend Horton Heat

That's the way I understand it... I could be wrong about pandora though, since I'm not too familiar with it. -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Though I understand why people don't want to pay 20.00 bucks for a C.D. stealing is stealing. not trying to start a debate, just my opinion.

Reverend Horton Heat

Selso,
I used to use limewire and although getting the songs free there is a high risk of a viral infection from lime wire. A few I.T guys told me it is riddled with viruses and be sure to have a really good anti virus program. Since I got told this I just got rid of it.

As for pandora, we dont have that in the UK but I am told that the thing we have " spotify" is the same.
How it works is, you cannot take the songs from it but can get loads upon loads, you have to be online. The website makes you register and it remembers all the songs in your play list, or play lists. I tihnk it is really good.
ONly fault with it is you do not get every band, but you do get tribute bands that sound the same, like metallica, they dont want their music to be on it but others have got their versions of metallica songs on and some are excellent.
Another bad thing but not that bad really ( unless you are playing the mnusic very loud) is after 7 or 8 songs you get an advertisement for about 20 seconds just like you would on the radio. If you can handle this then you will like it.

I am thinking you could take the songs though and I know a way but I would not like to advertise on how to " steal" the music while typing in chordie.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I thought tat limewire was a music downloading thing...I have pandora and you create and use radio stations.

"Policeman shouts but I don't see him/ They're one thing I don't believe in"
-Tomorrow, 'My White Bicycle'

Pandora is sweet!  It is like a radio station in that the songs are streamed and not downloaded.  However, you can build your own station to your preference, or stations.  I have about ten or twelve I use and switch around.  My favorite I named "Sissified 70's Folk/Pop" because that's what it is and what I like.  What I really like about it is that they have a huge inventory of music (the entire Amazon.com library for starters) and if there's a song you like it's easy to click on the song title and go to a download for fee site.  It's usually $0.99 for a song, which is quite reasonable.  It's the modern version of 45's and the same price as I used to pay for a 45 back in the late 70's.  Of course then you got the B side if you wanted to hear that and now you don't, but I still think it's a fair price for a song if you want to buy it legitimately.  This way, the artist gets their cut, you get songs you like and you get to try out completely free (like the old listening rooms).

In fact, now that I think of it that's exactly what Pandora is.  It's a listening room where you can try new artists and titles at no risk and buy only the things you like.  Oh, and you don't have to wear someone else's ooky, stinky headphones, which is nice.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Pandora ROCKS!!

Here is my profile on there. I'm a registered user.

http://www.pandora.com/people/detman101

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle