Topic: learning rubbish songs

Alvee gave me this idea.
Rather than highjack a thread there lets hear what rubbish songs you have learned in the name of entertainment...or enjoyment.
Travis done a cover version of that britney person's "oops I did it again" ( is it called that?)
they changed my mind a bit on crappy songs done by terrible so called singers/musicians. It turns out this is a good song if done by someone else.

I have played and sang along with rowan Keaton song but I think it was a country singer first that done it, whatever it is called, but i enjoyed it.

Anyone got some embarrassing songs they will share that they do or have done?

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

2 (edited by badeye 2009-06-25 20:36:02)

Re: learning rubbish songs

Hi Ken, I love doung St.Pepper's Lonley Hearts Club Band on my acoustic and try to sound out the trumpet part, great fun. My wife get a good laugh.

badeye   cool

one caper after another

There's this silly song called "crack your head open" that I first heard earlier today. Great fun lyrics, but it has a complex picking / strum pattern that I just can't seem to get down. The original artist is truly a guitar virtuoso!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Well, I took a good song and turned it into a rubbish song by playing a piano rock song as a guitar bluegrass song, and that's "Crocodile Rock."  Getting those high G's for the "la" verse is tough, I practically always miss it, and it never fails to get a laugh because I generally sing baritone and sometimes as high as a low tenor, but surely never the high tenor needed for those notes.

Another rubbish song I've learned is Jimmy Buffett's "Were You Born an <<here the song uses a crass term for the southern most end of the alimentary canal>>".  It was written for a guy who cut Jimmy Buffett off in traffic on Interstate 95. 

Finally, I've been trying to do a fairly close to original version of John Denver's "Grandma's Featherbed".  My kids love it, especially the part about sneaking a piggy from the shed into bed with everyone. 

I like doing these fun songs.  Perhaps they are rubbish, or perhaps not.  I guess a real rubbish song would br something like "Kung Fu Fighting" (those cats were fast as lightning). 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Theme song to "Spongebob SquarePants".

For my son of course.... *Cough-Cough*

=p
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Whenever I try to play and sing Motorhead's Ace of Spades (I know, this is not a bad song) it comes out as a country version. It doesn't matter what I do, it still comes out country. lol

Ken, you know I've done ABBA's Dancing Queen. I'm also working on ABBA's Eagle and Patience and Stardust by Take That. I also love playing I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor and have even dabbled in a bit of Spinning Around by Kylie. And many many more....

Is that enough from the alvee house of bad pop?

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

alvee33 wrote:

Whenever I try to play and sing Motorhead's Ace of Spades (I know, this is not a bad song) it comes out as a country version. It doesn't matter what I do, it still comes out country. lol

Ken, you know I've done ABBA's Dancing Queen. I'm also working on ABBA's Eagle and Patience and Stardust by Take That. I also love playing I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor and have even dabbled in a bit of Spinning Around by Kylie. And many many more....

Is that enough from the alvee house of bad pop?

I wouldn't mind dabbling with Kylie Minogue wink

By the way Al, I loooove playing Patienceby Take That. Great song....good choice!!

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

"Plastic Jesus" is one of my all time favorites.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I never considered them "rubbish" but after hours songs for after the kids go to bed or the last lady leaves the bar.
Songs like, "I never have seen a b*^&% that could eat this much" , "You done me wrong but at least you done me" ," The Ballad of John and Lorena Bobbit", " She laid a Lousiana lip lock on my Alabama pork chop", "The more I learn about women the more I love my truck", are my favorites. I have a hundred of them in the back of my fat book.
Do I lack taste and a sense of proper decorum?
Absolutely!
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Saw Lily Allen do a Fab version of Britney Spears Womaniser at Glastonbury last night

I'm the son of rage and love