Re: Cooking thread...

Ok here goes for a japenese recipe.

KIMPIRA (im not going to do measurements just for the sake of time if you want exacts just let me know)

Carrot (juliened)
gobo(burdock root) (optional)
dikon (japenese white rooty radish) (optional
Soy sauce
sake(japenese rice wine)
sugar
mirin (im not 100% sure what this is but its kind of a combination of sgar a rice vinegar just put a dab of rice vinegar and its fine)
olive oil

Julien the top three ingriedients then combine in pan with plenty of oil (its kinda part of the "sauce") satee for a few minutes then add the rest of the ingreidients And simmer for awhile until the the added ingreidents have boiled down enjoy with rice.

I don't have a good quote so I'm quoting myself... ok I'm done

Since this thread started I have gained about 20 pounds!!!!!!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

And that's just reading it

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

kepin it alive

Badeye's Camp Special.

one pound of round ground in a big round mound. small onion.garlic bulb diced, one cup elbow macaroni boiled and drained. saute diced onion. add ground round [hamburger] break up small,and fry till done. add garlic five minutes before burger finishes. drain if needed. add cooked macaroni,
mix up and serve.  enjoy. done easy on camp stove.

Badeye  cool  cool

one caper after another

It's not a recipe, but thought I'd bounce an idea of y'all. 

On a fishing forum, one of the guys was asking about foods to cook when he's camping that are other than burgers and dogs.  We joked around a bit, but we wound up coming up with a suggestion that sounded pretty good - shiskebob style jerked chicken and cold beer.  I'm not sure what kind of vegetable to put with it though. 

I have a good jerk sauce recipe somewhere - lime and curry and cayenne and and habenero and garlic and a few other things all mashed up together in a pulp. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

That sounds tasty, try some green and yellow peppers with chunks of pineapple and cherry tomato with that jerk kabob. the cold beer is always good. mmmmmm

Badeye   cool cool

one caper after another

Ooooh.  Grilled pineapple should not be wasted on a kabob stick.  Get you a pineapple, skin it, core it, and cut it into slices AT LEAST an inch thick.  Get the grill good and hot.  No, hotter.  Ooops.  You should have made sure the rack was clean first.  It's going to hurt to clean it now.  Just scrape it as best you can with the wire brush thingy.  Lubricate it with a little oil.  There you go, not too much.  Great, now put those thick pineapple rings right on the grill, close the lid and let them sit.  Yep.  Right on there like a burger.  That's it.  Flip them like a burger too, but be sure to put them down where the grill is hottest not right back on the same spot.  You want caramalization.  When you flip them, you may as well put those halved and pitted peaches on right beside them.  Grill those up too. 

Pull them off and you've got a treat.  If you happen to have a bowl handy, put the peaches in it, some rasperry puree, and a big ol' scoop of vanilla ice cream.  I'm not sure which is better, the caramelized pineapple (which goes GREAT with Gewurtztraminer or a muscat dessert wine) or the peach melba sundae. 

Why don't y'all give them both a try and let me know what you like better?

Peppers and 'maters sound good, and maybe some potato and mushroom.  They'd both soak up the jerk sauce flavors nicely if you brush it on the whole kabob. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

ohhh I'm getting hungry, gonna try that pineapple thingy, I'm sure it'll be very tasty.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

Steve's spanish rice and pork (chicken) rice dish.

1 package of Near East Spanish rice pilaf.

1 1/2-2 pounds of Pork tenderloin (or chicken) sliced into small pieces.

After the rice pilaf mix begins to boil, add meat and simmer until almost all the excess water boils away.

Tomorrow I will post Steve's MEATY meat loaf recipe.  For people who want MEAT LOAF, instead of meat tasting bread!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

stayin alive stayin alive... ah ah ah ah...stayin alive stayin alive...

I'm cooking some snacks for a church group tonight.

Green onion, garlic, thyme, all sauted in butter.  Mix that into cream cheese.  Add a can of crab meet.  Blend until smooth.

Roll a dollop of that into a Pillsbury Croissant Dough sheet, and bake.

Yum.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I just finished "supper" not much to it since I'm trying to lose weight. Y'all got some great recipes and I truly enjoy this post. I think I need to clean the grill off and buy some pineapple and peaches, It sounds great Zurf, and If ya find that jerk recipe, please post it, thanks. I'm thinking , pineapple then grilled Brook trout followed by the peach melba dessert. Oh yeah, all with beer so cold when you open it ice forms in the ole long neck big_smile  so much for the diet!!

Ron

I like em cold like that too and then I listen to it sizzle all the way down!

Later, Wayne P

I was going to post my meatloaf recipe, but then I got hit with a major bout of "MEH".   In other words I feel like crap and my apathy is running high.  Hopefully, it will pass soon and I will get back here.

Peace and music and guitars to you all.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

ozymandias wrote:

I was going to post my meatloaf recipe, but then I got hit with a major bout of "MEH".   In other words I feel like crap and my apathy is running high.  Hopefully, it will pass soon and I will get back here.

Peace and music and guitars to you all.

hope you get better soon!!

im looking forward to that meatloaf recipe smile

I'm not braggin', but my meatloaf is seriously MEATY and even my wife and daughter AND Inlaws request it!  lol

ozy, if it's THAT good, please get well soon and do post. But do get well !

Ron

Here's another one the kids really like;

A1 Fresh Basil Scrambled Eggs-

10 eggs, 5 yolks in 5 yolks in the compost pile( never too early to watch the cholesterol!!and care about the local enviroment)
10 fresh basil leaves, minced very fine
7 teaspoons of A1 steak sauce ( sodium source, careful not to overdo it)
1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup of lowfat milk

Mix 'em up while a non-stick pan with a little bit of butter heats up.
Dump the eggs and stuff in the pan and scramble 'em up to your personal preference.
Watch those kids faces light up when they chomp down on this yummilicious dish!!! ( if the kids like eggs...)

Give everything but up.

Here's a simple, but expensive ethnic recipe, specifically tooled for Are1222...

-Go to 175 Church St. and order any and everything on the menu... bring it home... pass it off as homemade...

---------
EDIT: WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THE FIVE SPICE CAFE WAS CLOSED!!!!  CURSE YOU ECONOMY!!! CURSE YOU!!!!
WHY MUST YOU KILL EVERYTHING I LOVE!!!
</Inconsolable Lamentation>

Wait in good ol burly? sweet wait whats the name??

Unfortunately, that was the Five Spice Cafe's address... it used to have AMAZING pan-asian cuisine, but I discovered just after posting that it burned down in 07...

For those that have good healthy veins and love to barbecue.

Here is a youtube link to what is called a bacon bomb. It looks real good but I ain't got the veins for it. lol Check out the other links for some cool bacon bomb recipes and enjoy

Kenny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1IiUAtoNBk

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Egg in the Hole

One slice of your favorite bread

One Egg

Butter.

punch a hole in bread with a glass, butter both sides, place in not stick pan, crack egg in the hole, fry till egg is way you like it  ,  Enjoy.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

Yeah those are nummy badeye.

Ron