Topic: Ukulele - Beginner Songs?

Well, I just started playing the Ukulele and
A lot of the songs I want to play are very difficult.

So, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for simple chord songs.

Re: Ukulele - Beginner Songs?

What kind of music do you want to play?

There are a lot of early rock and roll, folk and country songs that are pretty easy to play.

I started playing the uke a couple of years ago and found that country somgs and early Beatles songs were good for starting off. Also, some old songs - Moonlight Bay, Tiptoe Through the Tulips - were good fro new chords and chord sequences. There's plenty of stuff on Chordie plus you have the advantage of being able to get the uke chord boxes. Another site I used early on was Alligator Boogaloo - quite an eccentric selection on there.

DANCEstephDANCE wrote:

Hi ther are loads of easy songs for the Uke.
best songs that are easy to play the Uke chords are any songs with G, C, D, Am, F.

so you got loads in there.

If you look at the songs that are easy to play on the guitar you will find a lot easily.

I would have named a few but i am at work right now with little time to play oin this

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

DANCEstephDANCE wrote:

Hello DsD & welcome to Chordie. Here's a site that gives tons of chords for A, D, and F tuning on the Uke. It very user friendly and well made. Hope you get some use from this fine site;

http://www.ukulele.nl/

Peace and Guitars and Ukes,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Give Breakdown by Jack a try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z50ZveXL-Ps

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I used Alligator Boogaloo a lot too when I first started out.
I also would go for songs that have easy chords to play like C, G, D, F, A, etc.

Some of my very first songs that I taught myself were 'I Can See Clearly Now' by Bob Marley, 'Five Years Times' by Noah & the Whale, and lots of Spongebob, Kimya Dawson, and Beatles songs.

Goold Luck!

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music.  ~Ronald Reagan

DANCEstephDANCE wrote:

this land is your land, by woody guthrie

We've been playing a couple of months now.  C, G7, F, A, are all easy chords to play. Lots of early Beatles.  Blame It On the Bossanova, Blowin in The Wind, Eight Days a Week, End of the Line,  Happy Birthday (in C), Jamaica Farewell, Leaning on a Lamp-Post, Leavin On A Jet Plane, Mellow Yellow, Memories are Made of This, Octopuses Garden, Return to Sender, Waltzing Matilda, YMCA, You're 16

That should get you going!

WANT A REAL ANSWER? try knockin on heavens door , friday i'm in love , i don't like mondays , when i come around , there are also songbooks for ukulele that will give you some easier stuff ,

ukulele's unite!!

frogwheelz wrote:

WANT A REAL ANSWER? try knockin on heavens door , friday i'm in love , i don't like mondays , when i come around , there are also songbooks for ukulele that will give you some easier stuff ,

OI Froggy

are you insinuating that no other reply was A REAL ANSWER?

and if yer going to give a real answer you should try to add the name of the artist too along with the song so it is easier for them to find,
hmmm, maybe this is not a real answer? :LOL:

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Well I think that hawaiian songs are easy. I grew up and learned how to play over there. easy chords are C, F, and G7.
Try "On the Island", and "In this Life" by IZ, theyre really easy