Topic: Random Thread

I was deleting a series of inappropriate posts from this thread and accidentally deleted the whole thing. This was not my intention and it is not possible to reinstate a deleted thread so my apologies to all who wanted to keep this going.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Random Thread

Thank You,Roger

Now the kids can get back to practicing,instead of messing around!

Later, Wayne P

Now that is funny lol

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

sure is hard to find good help these days lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Now what does this button do???

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

Roger Guppy wrote:

I was deleting a series of inappropriate posts from this thread and accidentally deleted the whole thing. This was not my intention and it is not possible to reinstate a deleted thread so my apologies to all who wanted to keep this going.

Roger

I apologize if anything I posted was inappropriate.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

You don't have a nuclear missle launch button close the chordie forum button do you!! J/J, it was the longest thread I'd ever seen, and hilarious!!! Hope we can start it over.

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

I'm thinking on buying a good ukulele, just to practice a bit on when I travel and there is no room for the guitar.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

ozymandias wrote:
Roger Guppy wrote:

Roger

Me too!!! Very much so!!! I've really enjoyed this thread and again salute washedbyHim for starting it!! Really it was great fun, guy - (no, not a mushroom, it's the chat room - I can't help myself), big thanks!!!

cool big_smile wink cool

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

In the thread in question, I submitted a post roughly about number 12 in it saying it was a waste of time.
It was allowed to carry on for reasons that I just cannot understand other than it was harmless. Harmless it was but a waste of time too. If I were a moderator of this section I would have closed it down before it got to reply number 20.
I complained about it a few times along with a few others but it kept going.
So ye know that saying " if ye cant beat them, join them"? , yep thats what I done.
I joined in and tried to talk as much piffle as I could and I actually got replies and nearly turned into a good discussion ( yeah right)

I did start changing my mind slowly about the thread. I started seeing it as a good place for folk to type nonsense in and hopefully it would stay out other threads. I have no idea if this was achieved. Achieved? , hmmm wrong word as no one set out for this to happen, so whatever the word is thats it.

Sometimes it looked OK, as a few posts were were getting a few replies, but it was the constant " I must post more and more replies to get my number of posts up" sort of posts. No one gets a medal for having more posts. I have a lot of posts but only because I am here a lot and reply a lot and I was moderating a lot. I wouldnt type a post at 5:03 saying hey hey hey, then another at 5:06 saying wel well well, etc, etc. waste of time anyone reading that dribble.
Geezo I have so much to say.
I am away to read more posts now

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

This is just my opinion, but I think it helps to have a thread of silliness and assorted tomfoolery.  Of course that's with the understanding that there is enough room or bandwidth to allow it.  So in the words of the great sage, Marx, Groucho not Karl, "Hello, I must be going." 

And now for something completely different.

As one of the moderators for this section I never had major problems with the thread. The blatant attempts to boost post counts was very annoying and I reached for the delete button often but resisted the temptation. Lessons learned all round I hope.

Post count shmost count.  If someone wants to boost post count, let them.  What's it hurt any of us?  Bandwidth concerns notwithstanding. 

Badeye excluded of course. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

So here we go again then....:(

ozymandias wrote:
Roger Guppy wrote:

Roger

guys... i am very sorry that i did that. Now that i look back on it, that was very stupid!  sincere apologies!

Ben

The world is only going to get worse!

I do regret deleting the thread, it was not my intention but I will not mention who was involved or why I was deleting posts. That is private between me and someone else and I know that the incident will not occur again so I would suggest that the person who started the thread start it again if he, or she, so wishes. There were some very amusing comments in that thread, I agree with Ozymandias it is good to have somewhere to let the silliness out and give it an airing smile.

Roger

How bout the bathroom lol

Roger Guppy wrote:

I agree with Ozymandias it is good to have somewhere to let the silliness out and give it an airing smile.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

washed by Him! wrote:
ozymandias wrote:
Roger Guppy wrote:

Roger

guys... i am very sorry that i did that. Now that i look back on it, that was very stupid!  sincere apologies!

Ben

I'm not sure that you or I did anything wrong.  WHAT I want from admin. is specifics as to what WAS wrong.   Seriously, this is a frivolous and stress relieving thread, I AM NOT out to pad my post count.  I want to post jokes and stuff to make people laugh.......let me know if I AM WRONG!

**ozymandias seeks oblivion in Talisker 10.**

Definitely NO that is private between me and the person concerned. Rest assured if you, or anyone else for that matter, had done anything that was inappropriate you would be the first to know. As far as I am concerned, publically if it was a serious offence or considered to be done with intent or privately if it was something silly and out of character, as this was.

I have made my apology for my mistake and I have explained as much as is necessary without causing embarrassement to anyone.

This matter is now closed.

Roger

Roger Guppy wrote:

Definitely NO that is private between me and the person concerned. Rest assured if you, or anyone else for that matter, had done anything that was inappropriate you would be the first to know. As far as I am concerned, publically if it was a serious offence or considered to be done with intent or privately if it was something silly and out of character, as this was.

I have made my apology for my mistake and I have explained as much as is necessary without causing embarrassement to anyone.

This matter is now closed.

Roger

**ozymandias respectfully bows before such reasonable explanations and considers the matter forever CLOSED.**

Russell_Harding wrote:

How bout the bathroom lol

Roger Guppy wrote:

I agree with Ozymandias it is good to have somewhere to let the silliness out and give it an airing smile.

Whats that smell??   <phew>

Zurf wrote:

Post count shmost count.  If someone wants to boost post count, let them.  What's it hurt any of us?  Bandwidth concerns notwithstanding. 

Badeye excluded of course. 

- Zurf

tank u

badeye cool

one caper after another

Tanks for the memories................Sherman or Panzer?  LOL

Can we close this one now guys and use WBH's new random thread? These latest comments are more suited there.

Roger

yeap.

badeye

one caper after another