Topic: ENJOYING TRYING TO PROVE SOMEONE WRONG-FURTHER HELP NEEDEED!

TRUE:
SCHOOL REPORT FOR MUSIC: VINCENT IS NOT MUSICALLY MINDED.(many years ago)

However,I beleive I am tone deaf ! I set about trying to learn the Guitar,I love it but struggle on the rythem side of things. I feel I have a natural swing rythem which dosnt suite many songs.
Can anyone recommend songs that go with a swing beat.

Stuff I like to play: Ocean Colour Scene, Lenord Cohen, Simon & Art Garfunkel, although have diverse taste in music so would try playing most things. Chords not to difficult I would class myself as intermediate. Any suggestion will be gratefully accepted.

Re: ENJOYING TRYING TO PROVE SOMEONE WRONG-FURTHER HELP NEEDEED!

Hello and Welcome,

I have played with alot of folks that have had rhythm problems and some people have a built in metronome and tap their foot bounce their knee,shake their head or some other way to keep the beat.
  I've found it is easier to help people in 4/4 time to get them to count in beats of 4 or if you have a strum pattern use your voice to say down and down or down,and down,up,down.Or maybe bass,strum,bass ,strum it will come and there are alot of tricks to use.All your ands have no strums and the downs are all on the beat.Start slow and work yourself into a pattern.

Later, Wayne P

vincent why not post this in a relevant section of chordie?

There are lots of sections and this section is about chordie as the name suggests.

thats what i suggest

and you might get a lot more answers

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Chordie is great Vince.  Some people will pick on your first post, I see that a lot.  It's just a suggestion to increase your feedback I'm sure.  Nonetheless welcome to Chordie.

Steve

Hey vincester! Welcome to Chordie, cool

I love helping people prove others wrong, let's see what we've got -

King of the Road  -  fair swings/shuffles. http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.g … 66049.html

Lots of versions here and you don't need to change key to make it work!

"When I'm 64" - sort of swings/marches in a similar way.

"Daniel" Elton Jim - swings/flows.

I think all these are good because they "Swing" around a strong beat which might help you break into more backbeat and rock - or just suit your style!!!

Good luck, cool

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Great responsce guys thanks.
Onto  Daniel immediately a song I really
like and it does suite my syle thanks . any further suggestions most welcome

vincester

KajiMa wrote:

Hey vincester! Welcome to Chordie, cool

I love helping people prove others wrong, let's see what we've got -

King of the Road  -  fair swings/shuffles. http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.g … 66049.html

Lots of versions here and you don't need to change key to make it work!

"When I'm 64" - sort of swings/marches in a similar way.

"Daniel" Elton Jim - swings/flows.

I think all these are good because they "Swing" around a strong beat which might help you break into more backbeat and rock - or just suit your style!!!

Good luck, cool

wlbaye wrote:

Hello and Welcome,

I have played with alot of folks that have had rhythm problems and some people have a built in metronome and tap their foot bounce their knee,shake their head or some other way to keep the beat.
  I've found it is easier to help people in 4/4 time to get them to count in beats of 4 or if you have a strum pattern use your voice to say down and down or down,and down,up,down.Or maybe bass,strum,bass ,strum it will come and there are alot of tricks to use.All your ands have no strums and the downs are all on the beat.Start slow and work yourself into a pattern.

thanks made a differance already.cheers vincester