Topic: DOES OASIS STILL SCREAM THAT THEY ARE BETTER THAN BEATLES?

They have a few great songs and a great song "Hide your love away"
But.......

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: DOES OASIS STILL SCREAM THAT THEY ARE BETTER THAN BEATLES?

Hope not; they're not even close

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I cant remember reading that oasis said they were better than the beatles, but I do remember the interview from mid 90's that they said they were better than the rolling stones and they will be bigger than them. They have still got a long way to go.

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Who's Oasis?? Didn't they have a big fight and break up before they did anything worth remembering.

5 (edited by Guitarpix 2009-06-10 11:51:30)

I've often heard them refered to as the next Beatles but i'm not sure if it's self proclaimed...

I will say that Oasis has a very strong following, and (IMO) they are a great band! Morning Glory has to be one of my top 10 favorite albums of all time. My favorite song by them being "Dont Look Back in Anger" among others...

They did split a few years ago but have since reformed and have recently released a new album. I hate the bands "superior" attitude but do appreciate their music. The next Beatles....hmmmm..  IDKAT  -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I think they think they are the beatles sometimes. I do like them, but have to admit that I like them better without Liam. The man's a buffoon!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

alvee33 wrote:

I think they think they are the beatles sometimes. I do like them, but have to admit that I like them better without Liam. The man's a buffoon!

I agree with that. Noel ( although also a bufoon) would be better taking over the singing as well asplaying

As for them breaking up.lol. They have a few times but never really officially have said we are finished, nor have they ever had a farewell tour. They have got rid of the entire band apart from the two brothers. The two brothers that love a fight for P.R

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Alvee, you couldn't explain it better.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]