Topic: VERY DIRECT QUESTION + DE GUSTIBUS ET COLORES NON EST DISPUTANDUM

YOU CAN'T DISCUSS ABOUT TASTE AND COLORS.
SO:
WHERE DO YOU PLACE YOURSELVES ON A SCALE FROM 1 - 100, WHEN YOU PLAY GUITAR.

ME? Probably between 40 - 50. People tell me often that I play very good, but those guys DON'T play guitar. ALSO: playing with a friend, or sitting down with my pandora PX5D I am on 60, because of the rhythm section.
I am still unable to put a song on the web, besides that problem I can switch chords very fast, or block them, and I know a lot of chords.
No solos, no fingerpicking sometimes a nice riff.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: VERY DIRECT QUESTION + DE GUSTIBUS ET COLORES NON EST DISPUTANDUM

I wouldn't try to rate myself at all.. I wouldn't even know where to start. I know enough to know that I don't know near enough smile I think I do OK though wink

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Hey Guitardocphil! cool

The time I know I am transcending good or bad is when I am not thinking about the technicalities of playing or singing - if it just happens rather than is made to happen.

Sometimes people tell me what a great performance that was, but behind my thanks and smile I'm thinking "I missed that chord every time I came to the chorus and I sang the last line from verse 2 the same as the last line from verse 3 AND I didn't hit that high note true!"

So you are right Guitardocphil, "It is no use debating taste and colours," as some people like spicy, some don't and some are colour blind. big_smile

The thing is - DO YOU ENJOY IT?!!!! cool

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

"DE GUSTIBUS ET COLORES NON EST DISPUTANDUM"

what is this meant to be? I know you can speak a few languages Lieven but you have not even translated it. People here can all read english so why type in another unknown language to the majority?

and i thought this was an english typing/speaking site.

just my thoughts on this thread.

and now I am away up north for a folk jam
hopefully read a reply tomorrow night

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

5 (edited by KajiMa 2009-06-06 11:40:46)

Hey Ken.

"It's no use debating taste and colour!" in Latin.

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Next we play beatle records backwards for messages from the devil lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"